Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 19 Minor Event. Obs Banter. Models.

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a bit surprised BOX went 2-4" for ORH northward...they are citing big omega in the snow growth region which def could help with latent cooling...but still, that's a pretty ballsy forecast, We'll see if it works out. I'd probably go a sloppy inch or maybe two for Wawa and up through AFN or something.

The onset def does look to be snow or IP/snow mix as there's some good wetbulb potential initially in the mid-levels and BL. But the question is whether that lasts more than an hour or so.

you know everytime I hear about the possibility of thunder snow I get excited, but it never happens. It's been years since I've heard it in any storm.

It's pretty rare, and usually not widespread. We are pretty good at forecasting conditions will be favorable for it, but it's much harder to predict where it will occur. Similar to warm season convection.

you know everytime I hear about the possibility of thunder snow I get excited, but it never happens. It's been years since I've heard it in any storm.

i know me too, im still waiting for my tssn plus plus in a wild swfe or coastal, i havent experienced true tssn plus plus since feb 01 storm in bristol ct

I'm a bit surprised BOX went 2-4" for ORH northward...they are citing big omega in the snow growth region which def could help with latent cooling...but still, that's a pretty ballsy forecast, We'll see if it works out. I'd probably go a sloppy inch or maybe two for Wawa and up through AFN or something.

The onset def does look to be snow or IP/snow mix as there's some good wetbulb potential initially in the mid-levels and BL. But the question is whether that lasts more than an hour or so.

BOX gives me around an inch,but I'm totally not seeing how the ML's support that,at least on the NAM/GFS. Does any other model show it being colder? I never get below 0 at 850 today.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

CAD only really matters for ice vs rain...it won't have much affect on whether there is snow vs rain....but any latitude will help.

Yeah I'm counting more on CAD for thurs/fri here to avoid any meaningful torching.  I think it snows here today, maybe 1".

BOX maps didn't work out so well here yesterday so we'll see.  lol

we need a fresh new coating. The old snow is getting dirty. 

Looks awful...

Actually, last night, on the way back from the mountain, I was noticing on my side streets a lot of sand had been mixed up in the snowbanks. Hubbardston likes to use a lot of sand...

Otherwise a beautiful scene out there

I was actually thinking the opposite. The snow we have here has been pretty dry, a little moisture may help it pack into a nice base.

Yeah, We could use some moisture in the snow, The folks that are grooming tell me that after the 1st few sleds hit the trails after they have been groomed they go to hell because the snow won't hold in place

Archived