joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 19 Minor Event. Obs Banter. Models.

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Narrow roads is a problem and stated numerous times. Nobody reads my posts? Add limited visibility on the line of site combined with just about every drain catch blocked, huge puddles, even .25-.50" liquid will be 10X those amounts that harmlessly just drain away. Huge urban flooding with major impacts. Not a word to be found...umm     

Some do, some don't -- it's the nature of the beast in a public forum that is hit by posting activity on average ...oh say 10 posts a minute.  It's a battle of attrition.  I've written multi-paragraph scientific discourses elaborately outlining way a,b,c would lead to x,y,z, and then not a day later, some cluster of posters and Mets bring it up like it's an original idea.   It's just too easy to get missed.

Bottom line, this is no place to seek "credit" for making an observation or a statement.  I am sure anyone that drives in interior Mass has thought about the narrowed roads, because they had/have to.   I was merely bringing it to the discussion that danced around justification for an advisory.   

Narrow roads is a problem and stated numerous times. Nobody reads my posts? Add limited visibility on the line of site combined with just about every drain catch blocked, huge puddles, even .25-.50" liquid will be 10X those amounts that harmlessly just drain away. Huge urban flooding with major impacts. Not a word to be found...umm     

my hood is going to be a mess with all the water draining down from your hilltop roost 

Tip, I do read your treatises. I just am not well versed enough to understand some of em. My ULowell education was about rocks...me FTL

Don, I did see your post

Here the roadways are opened ok, but at intersections there are huge piles that block the view. They will cart those away soon I would guess. Pretty typical stuff

Tip, I do read your treatises. I just am not well versed enough to understand some of em. My ULowell education was about rocks...me FTL

Don, I did see your post

Here the roadways are opened ok, but at intersections there are huge piles that block the view. They will cart those away soon I would guess. Pretty typical stuff

The issues in 2011 were way worse than what we have now...they typically are able to take care of most of the main roads within a few days by trucking snow out. But for the short term, we have to deal with it.

Tip, I do read your treatises. I just am not well versed enough to understand some of em. your words. 

Fixed.

Still sn+, though not as it was.  I can now see the barn across the road.  Methinks the BOX snowmap may have already verified for the Pit.  About another inch and I'll match yesterday.

Archived