• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/25 - 2/27 Winter Storm Threat

Brick Tamland

DT had this to say yesterday. Not sure if he is changing his tune now or not.

The first thing you need to understand is that this is not based upon just 1 weather model. So if you are going to make that comment .... thats it just 1 weather model .." I am going to rip you a new body cavity and then ban you.

Besides the vast model agreement that the overall pattern itself will become quite favorable a potentially East Coast winter storm FEB 24-27 and again possibly the first few days of March... the MJO cycle move into Phase 8 which at the end of February and early march is quite favorable and represents a strong signal for East Coast winter storm of some significance.

While I think it's crazy that Brick started this thread already today (see my posts above), I do not foresee any grand-scale cataclysm as a result.  If people want to spread a rumor of a "snowstorm," then go ahead.  Each individual should be responsible for what they consume on the internet and what they choose to believe.  If someone's boyfriend's cousin's great uncle's best friend's Facebook page claims a coming snowstorm, it's up to you (not, you, kvegas, but you, in general) to decide whether they're reputable enough to believe.  They'll be wrong a lot, and then you'll stop paying attention to them.  It will phase itself out.  A catastrophe is not in the works because someone prematurely discusses a potential storm that never comes to fruition.

I also don't get the TV weathermen being so upset about this.  There are tons of crazy people on social media and they're not going to be able to control them all.  Just ignore the crazies and don't give them any publicity by addressing them.

Um... wrong. It makes the board look like storm2k or twc boards. There is no need in cluttering up the board because of a fantasy storm showing up on a model 8 or 9 days away. It is beyond ridiculous to do so. If people want to talk about it, they can discuss it in the actual thread devoted to that time period..or even in the banter thread.

I'm not sure how or why this crap of people wanting to start threads on "threats" a week or more out has come from but it's already gotten old. It's just lame and screams of weenism.

Archived