• Created
  • Last Reply

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED  

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING  

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC  

1221 AM EDT THU JUN 19 2014  

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STERLING VIRGINIA HAS ISSUED A  

* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...  

THE SOUTHEASTERN DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA...  

SOUTHEASTERN ARLINGTON COUNTY IN NORTHERN VIRGINIA...  

CENTRAL PRINCE GEORGES COUNTY IN CENTRAL MARYLAND...  

SOUTHERN ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY IN CENTRAL MARYLAND...  

NORTHWESTERN CALVERT COUNTY IN SOUTHERN MARYLAND...  

CITY OF ALEXANDRIA IN NORTHERN VIRGINIA...  

NORTHERN CHARLES COUNTY IN SOUTHERN MARYLAND...  

SOUTHEASTERN FAIRFAX COUNTY IN NORTHERN VIRGINIA...  

* UNTIL 100 AM EDT  

* AT 1217 AM EDT...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WAS DETECTED NEAR BELLE  

HAVEN...OR NEAR THE WOODROW WILSON BRIDGE...AND WAS MOVING EAST AT  

30 MPH. THIS STORM IS CAPABLE OF PRODUCING HAIL UP TO THE SIZE OF  

QUARTERS AND DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS OF 60 MPH.  

* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...  

CAMP SPRINGS...  

MARLOW HEIGHTS...  

CLINTON...  

ANDREWS AFB...  

CLINTON...  

CORAL HILLS...  

FORESTVILLE...  

LARGO...  

UPPER MARLBORO...  

KETTERING...  

I just covered the the hood on my "sports car" with blankets. It's made of aluminum and doesn't do well with hail. Hope the wind doesn't blow them off. I might pre soak them with the hose in hopes the additional weight, etc. keeps them in place.

I need a garage.

Light show is awesome.

I just covered the the hood on my "sports car" with blankets. It's made of aluminum and doesn't do well with hail. Hope the wind doesn't blow them off. I might pre soak them with the hose in hopes the additional weight, etc. keeps them in place.

I need a garage.

Light show is awesome.

I swear that cell was right over my apartment. That thunder scared the crap out of me.

No need to pre-soak ...nature is doing that for me. It has been my experience that if I can hold onto rain for the first 5 minutes I won't experience severe hail. I could be wrong....time will tell.

Was only a matter of time with all the storms

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED  FLASH FLOOD WARNING  NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC  1245 AM EDT THU JUN 19 2014    THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STERLING VIRGINIA HAS ISSUED A    * FLASH FLOOD WARNING FOR...    SOUTHERN BALTIMORE COUNTY IN NORTHERN MARYLAND...    BALTIMORE CITY IN NORTHERN MARYLAND...    * UNTIL 345 AM EDT    * AT 1243 AM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED    VERY HEAVY RAIN CAPABLE OF PRODUCING FLASH FLOODING. RADAR    ESTIMATES THAT UP TO 1 INCH OF RAIN HAVE ALREADY FALLEN ACROSS    PORTIONS OF THE WARNED AREA. ADDITIONAL RAINFALL AMOUNTS OF UP TO 2    INCHES CAN BE EXPECTED.    * SOME LOCATIONS THAT ARE AFFECTED BY THE HEAVY RAIN INCLUDE BOWLEYS    QUARTERS...DUNDALK...ESSEX...FELLS POINT...LOCHEARN...MILFORD    MILL...PARKVILLE...PIKESVILLE...ROSEDALE...ROSSVILLE...TOWSON...    WHITE MARSH...WOODLAWN...HOWARD PARK...JOHN HOPKINS     UNIVERSITY...JOSEPHINE LEE...LOCUST POINT...M AND T STADIUM...    MILLERS ISLAND...MORGAN STATE UNIVERSITY...NORTH POINT STATE     PARK...ROLAND PARK...TURNERS STATION...UNION SQUARE...WOODRING AND     BALTIMORE.  

No iconic shots, but I did get my first ever lightning channels in a photo. Satisfied.

I'm still out hoping for meh shots for some reason. Storm looked great west while unobscured. Would have been a sight during the day.

Archived