• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
High School Teacher Advising Students

jpbart

Dropping out of Lurker-Mode for a change to get any advice about advising HS students who are interested in weather & forecasting as a career.

I teach HS physics and I get students who show a lot of interest in metrology but I have no idea how best to advise them on what is going on, what colleges to look into, and what the career prospects are like.  So if anybody here has advice or resources, etc. please reply.

Jpbart, Columbia SC

Millersville University has succinct information for prospective students as well as a list of the degreee requirements.  Other colleges will have some variation to their coursework, however it is largely similar.  As a failed met major in college, I cannot underscore the dedication and proficiency in high level mathematics and science (physics and chemistry).  If the student is not adept in these areas they probably will not succeed.

Millersville University has succinct information for prospective students as well as a list of the degreee requirements.  Other colleges will have some variation to their coursework, however it is largely similar.  As a failed met major in college, I cannot underscore the dedication and proficiency in high level mathematics and science (physics and chemistry).  If the student is not adept in these areas they probably will not succeed.

Thank you!  Just what I needed to find out.

Archived