• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 15 Clipper Obs

HoarfrostHubb

I don't think it makes it into Boston at this point unless it bursts in from the SW with that punch. It'll be close but time is kind of running out as Bouchard keeps saying. The stuff on the Marshfield coast is actually dropping a bit south still as it rotates...and the RAP/HRRR both want to kind of break up what's west of that.

I thought it'd struggle west of I95, I'm actually surprised so far at how much this is underperforming around here. Check out the guy on HDH that keeps shoveling the same 3-4" of snow each visit he's RIGHT on the canal at a bar called Hemispheres.

(note rates are improving now as temps have gone down in the last 30 minutes)...

Not talking about death band but rather a burst of better echos

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not talking about death band but rather a burst of better echos

It's got a chance from the SW...we'll have to see. Take a look in eastern CT and western RI it's drying again on the radar.

The death band is now tightening.  We're going to see now how accurate these models really were,

4" here so intensity still about 1.2 to 1.5" per hour.  With 4-5 hours left I'm feeling good with the lowball numbers for here.

Here's the 22z HRRR.  It cut back a little...

Looks good... 0.75-1" in Boston area: that would be in line with Harv 8-12" / updated NWS map 8-10"/10-14"just south.

Looking at 18z 4k-Nam, best stuff in Boston area doesn't make it until SLP is west of Cape and bands are oriented more N-S... we have a ways before I'd declare this a bust in Boston metro.

post-3106-0-02361000-1392510528_thumb.gi

Is that additional snows on the hrrr? In kind of confused

On both maps it's total for the run.  Bobs was the 21z for this storm total, my map same model, same map for the 22z HRRR..it cut way back as did the RAP which is what NWS Taunton was talking about in their discussion.

HDH is painful.  Plymouth Harbor he just reported it as snow flurries...it's not it's snowing pretty good but visibility doesn't support heavy snow there and as he cleared a "new" area you could see the area he cleared 15 minutes ago when he was on was barely covered.

well we do have a way of "meh-ing" ourselves to 2 or 3 inches.  but there is a little band west of CON that might not be getting you but is probably getting webster boscawen and salsbury

I'm right in it. With NNW flow it will drift to me below the beam. These bands are only like 15dbZ with lousy growth.

On both maps it's total for the run. Bobs was the 21z for this storm total, my map same model, same map for the 22z HRRR..it cut way back as did the RAP which is what NWS Taunton was talking about in their discussion.

HDH is painful. Plymouth Harbor he just reported it as snow flurries...it's not it's snowing pretty good but visibility doesn't support heavy snow there and as he cleared a "new" area you could see the area he cleared 15 minutes ago when he was on was barely covered.

Yeah i just saw that lol

Well the hrrr had totals for me at 6-8, and I'm at just about 6, so I guess if that's correct I'll be fringed and pick up another inch or two from here on out

Looks good... 0.75-1" in Boston area: that would be in line with Harv 8-12" / updated NWS map 8-10"/10-14"just south.

Looking at 18z 4k-Nam, best stuff in Boston area doesn't make it until SLP is west of Cape and bands are oriented more N-S... we have a ways before I'd declare this a bust in Boston metro.

attachicon.gifpmsl_7pm.gif

RAP is way less, like .25" in Boston after 23z and maybe .6 or so here (again from 90 minutes ago through end of storm).

The canal area is getting smoked.

High stakes where 20 miles mean everything. You can't bust on models too much as we simply do not have the capacity to nail features like this down. The pattern also makes it tough. Overall the canal area has been targeted since yesterday and that has not changed. BOS was tough as some signs pointed to this being more compact.  Messenger to Phil will have an awesome 6 hrs coming up. Tough system, but a good one. Good snows for all.

The canal area is getting smoked.

High stakes where 20 miles mean everything. You can't bust on models too much as we simply do not have the capacity to nail features like this down. The pattern also makes it tough. Overall the canal area has been targeted since yesterday and that has not changed. BOS was tough as some signs pointed to this being more compact.  Messenger to Phil will have an awesome 6 hrs coming up. Tough system, but a good one. Good snows for all.

Fall River 5.0 630 PM 2/15 ham radio 

Sure there are areas along south coast with  7-8" at this point with many hours to go...

Fall River 5.0 630 PM 2/15 ham radio 

Sure there are areas along south coast with  7-8" at this point with many hours to go...

Maybe.  I'm under the best returns and have been for some time, I had 4" at last check probably 5" now.  I think the heaviest is wrapped up within 2-3 hours and accumulating snow is over 3-4 with some fluff left after.

3" in East Bridgewater....meh so far

It's trying to tilt back to you.

When will hasnt posted since like 3pm we knew 495 west was all done

I think more obvious than my posting what's going on is when Will goes dark during an event that looks like it's going south. 

Archived