Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 12-13 Finale Observations Part 3

Amped

Reverse jinx?

The dynamics are really interesting either way.  Not sure why you always feel the need to troll.  I have a pretty good track record when I am excited about something. And on this one I'm pretty IMBY. It's been dripping all day.. I know how hard it is to get good snow in that environment in the city. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The dynamics are really interesting either way.  Not sure why you always feel the need to troll.  I have a pretty good track record when I am excited about something. And on this one I'm pretty IMBY. It's been dripping all day.. I know how hard it is to get good snow in that environment in the city. 

I was just watching different radars and watching the change in snow consistency.  The dynamics going on right now are very cool to watch happen.

It hasnt changed over to a mix, however the flakes have gotten lighter in consistency and are floating down (compared to diving down).  I think you guys are in a good spot there looking at radar.

I was just watching different radars and watching the change in snow consistency.  The dynamics going on right now are very cool to watch happen.

It hasnt changed over to a mix, however the slakes have gotten lighter in consistency and are floating down (compared to diving down).  I think you guys are in a good spot there looking at radar.

Looks like the western edge of the sleet is getting eroded too so that area of sleet may just disappear or rotate off to the northeast from where it is now. 

I don't see much reason to think I will get more than like 1" if that.. NWS seems bullish in DC with 1-3". This air mass is quite stagnant until the snow pulls away and we draw drier/cooler air back in.  Anyone dropping won't drop far. Still cool.. I like weather that's not just accumulating snow.

just measured pre-first burst and still 12" on the ground. Only lost 2.5" thoughout the day. Not bad. Very interested to see how this plays out. Earth Networks Total Lightning Network shows cells popping all over the place. Current radar trends to me would suggest more convective and spotty east of here and the best stuff here until about I-95 (talking overall event, not this first band).

Archived