joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 14-15 Event Obs

Kmlwx

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a northern vort - always worry about a north trend. As of now it keeps getting wetter, so that is good.

Don't worry about that too much. It started showing 2-3 days ago but it was a flattish vort with overhead pass. Since then it has done nothing but amplify. GFS is near perfect for a slp popping to our sw. I think this one can only get better. Heights to the north will easily force it to stay below us. And we're only 48 hours out. The vort is most likely a lock as is. 

Don't worry about that too much. It started showing 2-3 days ago but it was a flattish vort with overhead pass. Since then it has done nothing but amplify. GFS is near perfect for a slp popping to our sw. I think this one can only get better. Heights to the north will easily force it to stay below us. And we're only 48 hours out. The vort is most likely a lock as is.

Gotta agree. This thing has trended toward digging pretty good on each run the last 36 hours or so. I could see it getting a little wetter over the next day. Great vort pass at the right time of day. If we can get some rates it might be a nice nightcap to yesterday and today.

euro starts around midnight end around 9am, around 0.15-0.20 falls for DC, maybe a tad more western burbs...so probably a 2" event

It's pretty energetic @ h5 on the run. It will prob trend wetter. Nothing big or anything. 3-5" would be best cast scenario imo. 1-2" very possible as well. 

It's a northern stream vort so favoring the gfs/nam might be the way to go. 

Archived