SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 14-15 Event Obs

Kmlwx

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The vort is a little south, but it goes negative and has some juice to it. As a NS vort, I would t be surprised if it ends up just a bit north, especially if it amps up a little earlier.

yep

NAM sort of gave in to the GFS though with the weaker solution

there's "some" time so we can hope both are wrong.....except the Euro seems to agree with them   :(

Profound and true. I'm sticking with vort101 and forecasting accum snow

I dunno what to think. Usually I'd assume this screws us but it looks mighty fine. For now I want to see the low as far south and as strong as possible since a way we lose this stuff is by the low just not developing fast enough before it crushes Philly. The sfc is pretty meh.. but that can work if you don't live near DCA. It's a big time bomb potential too if it works out.  New England smoked.

UKMET looks decent, like the other models, at 5H but it misses the explosion and probably gives us NAM/GFS qpf type numbers

don't have the qpf maps for the needed time frame on Plymouth so I was looking at 700mb maps and they are similar to GFS

looks like the UKMET actually misses NE to the east so the fast flow is being felt

here's the 5H vort at 36 & 42 hrs though

http://vortex.plymouth.edu/cgi-bin/gen_grbcalc2.cgi?re=us&id=&zoom=.6&ti=0≥=1280x1024&mo=ukmet≤=500&va=hght&in=60&pl=cf&ft=h36&cu=latest&overlay=no&mo=≤=&va=&in=&pl=ln&ft=h24&cu=latest

http://vortex.plymouth.edu/cgi-bin/gen_grbcalc2.cgi?re=us&id=&zoom=.6&ti=0≥=1280x1024&mo=ukmet≤=500&va=hght&in=60&pl=cf&ft=h42&cu=latest&overlay=no&mo=≤=&va=&in=&pl=ln&ft=h24&cu=latest

I dunno what to think. Usually I'd assume this screws us but it looks mighty fine. For now I want to see the low as far south and as strong as possible since a way we lose this stuff is by the low just not developing fast enough before it crushes Philly. The sfc is pretty meh.. but that can work if you don't live near DCA. It's a big time bomb potential too if it works out. New England smoked.

I don't know what to think either. Not sure what to root for. A simple approach is hoping for a compact low rounding the base and not stressing about what happens afterwards. Score our stripe and not read obs up north.

If it goes further south but goes neutral/neg fast enough then we have boom potential of sorts. But I'll trade simple vs gambling for a bigger pot.

Should be fun to track the low as it approaches if models continue to show us in the game for something.

On a more anecdotal note...it kinda wants to snow this winter and storms haven't really busted low on precip overall. I'm kinda burnt out mentally after tracking todays storm for a month. I need normal sleep

Archived