SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2/13/2014 Major Coastal Storm Observations Part 2

Sickman

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very heavy sleet here with snow starting to mix back in, Hardyston Township, Sussex County NJ.  Never had any rain here.  12.5 inches of snow followed by several hours of freezing drizzle, followed by heavy sleet the last hour or so and now snow mixing in with the sleet.  What an incredible ride today!

Very heavy sleet here with snow starting to mix back in, Hardyston Township, Sussex County NJ. Never had any rain here. 12.5 inches of snow followed by several hours of freezing drizzle, followed by heavy sleet the last hour or so and now snow mixing in with the sleet. What an incredible ride today!

Pretty much the same here.

Ed your insights are always excellent...

Yup, even when I'm wrong :)

That first heavy shower didn't budge the temperature here and put a pretty heavy glaze on most surfaces (note: they already had about 0.1" glaze).  I see another one incoming south of fire island.  My preference would be for some sleet but there was none with that last shower.  Regrettably no lightning yet either.  I've been pining away for some thunder.

Oh cause it already happened..

Not looking good for us bud. Radar tells the sad story. It's conceivable we barely see any more snow with this. This thing closed off in a horrible spot for us and bam it stalls and not even that Great Lakes kicker can do anything about it any longer. If we do not dry slot soon we may have less snow pack then we had before this morning's dump.

Archived