SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2/13/2014 Major Coastal Storm Observations Part 2

Sickman

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radar looks like it's setting up to pound NYC...very classic evolution of the banding with returns over PA giving way to the new development over the Delmarva which is setting up in the traditional NE-SW fashion. I still think the City is going to get a good hit.

How are we going to crash these 850's though? +4 - +5 right now.

Radar looks like it's setting up to pound NYC...very classic evolution of the banding with returns over PA giving way to the new development over the Delmarva which is setting up in the traditional NE-SW fashion. I still think the City is going to get a good hit.

Not if the 850mb temps are as warm as they are. They need to cool down or else the precipitation will be sleet. They won't cool down until the 850 low is east of the region.

How are we going to crash these 850's though? +4 - +5 right now.

The front part of this is rain or sleet in NYC. Behind that the 850s will crash and the stuff over eastern VA is what will likely thump snow tonight for city and east. Based on the radar now that will swipe us for maybe a few hours. It might enhance though as it catches up to the surface low.

The front part of this is rain or sleet in NYC. Behind that the 850s will crash and the stuff over eastern VA is what will likely thump snow tonight for city and east. Based on the radar now that will swipe us for maybe a few hours. It might enhance though as it catches up to the surface low.

Sounds good. Really am fine with just a few inches to freshen it all up. Just keep heavy rains away, it's all I ask lol.

Archived