joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13/2014 Major Coastal Storm Observations Part 2

Sickman

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm seeing ALOT of really suspect snow totals, just sayin'.  8.25" here in Western Somerset cty, elev. 460'.  Not calling anyone out but I've been following the radar all morning and those claiming a foot+ on the NJ side to my sw (like Cherry Hill) or say 11-12" within 10 miles of me are measuring drifts or including snow OTG. 

about 10" in southern morris county --- winding down now but still snowing light/moderate -- very nice storm -- not looking forward to trying to pinpoint the CCB band tonight - I think it sets up north of the area IMO

Yeah, I sent in a report to Mt. Holly for 10.1" in Morristown a few minutes ago. Though another spotter in town sent in 10" at 10:00am... I can kind of understand the higher total though since some drifting has made it a little challenging, especially if they're on the more elevated side of town. Nice sized flakes out there now.

I'm seeing ALOT of really suspect snow totals, just sayin'.  8.25" here in Western Somerset cty, elev. 460'.  Not calling anyone out but I've been following the radar all morning and those claiming a foot+ on the NJ side to my sw (like Cherry Hill) or say 11-12" within 10 miles of me are measuring drifts or including snow OTG. 

I guess there is another spotter in Morristown. I've been sending in reports that are about 1.5" lower than theirs, but mine have been consistently tossed so far.

This is unreal.  Heavy snow here again in Smithtown as of 11:35 and the temperature which was flirting with freezing a half hour ago has dropped back to 30.  We have had very few pingers.  I'll get a measurement at noon, but we are comfortably over a foot.

The way this is staying all snow here, I'm not rooting for the dryslot with quite the same enthusiasm as I was before..

Im in Somerset County and have at least 10 inches..

This is unreal.  Heavy snow here again in Smithtown as of 11:35 and the temperature which was flirting with freezing a half hour ago has dropped back to 30.  We have had very few pingers.  I'll get a measurement at noon, but we are comfortably over a foot.

The way this is staying all snow here, I'm not rooting for the dryslot with quite the same enthusiasm as I was before..

I'll be more than happy to take it off your hands. After 8:30AM here was just brutal.

This is unreal. Heavy snow here again in Smithtown as of 11:35 and the temperature which was flirting with freezing a half hour ago has dropped back to 30. We have had very few pingers. I'll get a measurement at noon, but we are comfortably over a foot.

. Same situation and feelings here in Mount Sinai!

So I can't speak for everyone with those foot plus totals, however an hour ago (after sleet mixed in and probably compacted it a bit) I measured just about 10 inches on my driveway (not far from my house either).

I live in cherry hill and I can confirm 11 inches of snow.  NWS Mount Holly issued a special weather statement around 5:00AM that there would be a band of "dangerous" snowfall at 4 inches per hour for 3-4 hours.  That is how Cherry Hill thru Marlton picked up so much more snow.

Archived