2/13/2014 Major Coastal Storm Observations Part 2

Sickman

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Selden, Central LI..

Changing back over to Snow

34 degrees

Just as I read your post I noticed it did the same thing here (Port Jeff).

With 9.5" snow so far, Central Park has now reached 50" snowfall for the winter. Winter 2013-14 is only the 17th winter on record with 50" or more snow in New York City. Records go back to 1869-70.

The prior winters with 50" or more snowfall were:

02132014_1.jpg

Separately, Islip has also surpassed 50" seasonal snowfall. Bridgeport and Islip have all recorded daily record snowfall amounts. Data for Newark, JFK, and LGA are not yet on the PNS, but all three sites also very likely broke their daily snowfall records, too. Central Park needs another 1.3" to break its daily record of 10.7", which was set in 1899.

With 9.5" snow so far, Central Park has now reached 50" snowfall for the winter. Winter 2013-14 is only the 17th winter on record with 50" or more snow in New York City. Records go back to 1869-70.

The prior winters with 50" or more snowfall were:

02132014_1.jpg

Separately, Islip has also surpassed 50" seasonal snowfall. Bridgeport and Islip have all recorded daily record snowfall amounts. Data for Newark, JFK, and LGA are not yet on the PNS, but all three sites also very likely broke their daily snowfall records, too. Central Park needs another 1.3" to break its daily record of 10.7", which was set in 1899.

I wonder what the 30 day snowfall will be compared to the Dec 26-Jan 27 period (technically 32 days)

Archived