• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    UniversesBelowNormal
    Newest Member
    UniversesBelowNormal
stormtracker

Feb 12-13 Deathband Storm, Obs Part 2

Well I was out for a while and it raged the entire time. We are probably closer to 7 in the hour I was out. The first half of the walk (to the capitol) had heavy snow the entire way through. Once I got to the capitol (20 mins) it changed from perfect flakes to rimed ones. The entire walk back was a fight between snow and sleet with rimed flakes in between. The snow is still winning. 

I think these few hours might top the best parts of Dec 09/Feb 10

DC has literally been in 35 dbz or higher for 2 and a half hours straight now

4:32 Severna Park (Between Annapolis and Baltimore) Looks to be a little over 8 inches, moderate to heavy snow with some sleet mixing in now.

I think these few hours might top the best parts of Dec 09/Feb 10

we're accumulating really well, but visibilities were much lower with those....

35 degrees here and rain.  We got a dusting before the change over to rain.   I am so thankful to be out of the ice/freezing rain area.  I am so done with winter.  Glad to see you all enjoying your snow.  So glad that we don't have it here.  We may get some snow this evening.  I hope it is limited and just for looks/mood.   Now back to relaxing with some homemade wine.  Congrats ALL.

41 and sunny for Friday.  Bring it ON.

Every bit of 9 inches here in Essex...maybe more, tough to measure with drifts...that said, currently more sleet than snow at the moment...I suspect it will waver back and forth for a couple hours before sleet wins over and the lull later brings light sleet/rain

Just went for a walk under the red band in Reston. Sheesh. At what point does it physically become impossible for snow to fall any harder?

Nearly 9 inches in Dundalk, snow and sleet falling. Dominance is sleet right now. Heavy band of sleet making a crust on top of the deep accumulation thus far.

27.5 degrees 

3" on the ground here. First actual SN ob of the night outside. This is the first band that has come up and touched me.

Really rooting for a foot before changeover. A race right now for me. Nice thing about having dogs with a snow ancestry, don't have to shovel for them to go out and enjoy it. My two lazy Great Pyrenees live for mornings like this...