• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kgottwald
    Newest Member
    kgottwald
stormtracker

Feb 12-13 Deathband Storm, Obs Part 2

Looks like the snow vs. sleet battle is now underway at my address. C'mon snow line, fight back, just a bit longer.

I

You have reinforcements coming from your SW...snow is mounting an offensive in W. PW...nearing 12 inches

We've had a snow/sleet mix for the last 1/2 hour now: literally 50/50.  Temp 23/22.  The big story has been the wind.  I know we've had a couple gusts in the 30-40 mph range.  I'm not going to be able to get an accurate measurement since mother nature cleared my board for me.

Back to mostly snow here. Almost looks like the edge of the mix evaporated.

that's what's so great about dual-pol, you can really watch in some events the battle between p-types -- it's not always a steady march but a hard fought back-and-forth

All sleet now for me. Hope snow fights back in like it has for others. As it stands, right at 12 inches by changeover. NAM did a great job on this at my address. This sleet is going to make the roads extra nasty. 

I was seeing that on the radar and was wondering whether the obs matched the radar, so thanks. Sleety here in Baltimore, which also matches the radar.

Finally changing over to sleet here in Baltimore City(21202) with a little snow still mixed in. Measured 11.5" and figure another 1/2 hour of even this and it should be a foot out there. Had a report that MD SHA pulled their plows off the road around 4AM(not able to keep up) for a couple hour break.

Just finished a nice walk. 1/8mi vis with heavy snow.  21/20

About 12"+ in Damascus, Md.

Elevation  780

I wish people would stay off I-270...we've been pulling stuck cars and motorists all night.