ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
Feb 12-13 Deathband Storm, Obs Part 2

stormtracker

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in Crownsville,MD I've been a long time lurker but this is my first post. I woke up at 4:30 am to just under 9 inches of snow with heavy snow falling, by 5 it was changing to sleet. Between 5 and 6 it changed from sleet to freezing drizzle to moderate rain and the winds picked up. Sometime between 6 and 7 it had changed back to sleet and now I've got about a 80/20 mix of sleet and snow. Temps went up to 33 during the rain but there now back down to 31. Snow compacted to just over 7 inches and what was wet or had melted is refreezing.

I'm glad I took a short nap around 1-2am...wasn't really in the rates then but have been since about 3:30.... I love winter....I love snow!!!

Hah, I sorta did the opposite and was surprised when I woke up this morning. I was watching radar last night and wanted to see what the crazy death blob was like, so I stayed up until it made its way into Loudoun, then watched for an hour. Went to bed at 3:00, which was a mistake after looking at the radar loop considering it got even heavier at 3:30 or so. Awesome to wake up to though!

AT 32.9 in Crystal City (right across from DCA)

Snow/sleet mix has picked up in intensity over the last 15 minutes.   Winds seem to be swirling from NW, NE, and SE.  

Snow seems to be winning over the sleet...but just barely...60/40 mix....coming down moderately to heavy at times. 

Like you all I'm all about the PIVOT!  C'mon baby PIVOT for me one more time  :snowing:

We mixed here with sleet and rain most of the night, but the first part of it was all snow. Looks like about 5 inches out there or so, but I'm gonna go check.

12.3 inches at BWI as of 7am... the pattern of getting at least one 12+ storm there every 4 years continues. I knew they'd get a good storm right after I moved :-( They've gone above average for the year now for snow (25.6 inches so far)

Archived