SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 12-13 Deathband Storm, Obs Part 2

stormtracker

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radar is hard to describe. One of the craziest winter radars I can recall. It is literally exploding with yellows frame-by-frame.

Funny thing is, when we first saw the initial yellow/orange blob heading up from the south, several people were worried it was sleet or a sleet mix. Now almost all of central MD and DC/NOVA is under those same colors. UNREAL.

Took my dog out at 12:30 to do his biz, by 1:30, there was no evidence thay he had been ou at all. Closing in quickly on 5" in Parkville. Pretty sure I saw some lightning off in the distance (SE towards Dundalk/Essex) a few minutes ago, didn't hear thunder so I can't confirm. Temp holding nearly steady at 23.5, dp steady at 22. Next death band incoming, sour beer and dark chocolate to set the mood.

Just had an amazing 40 minute walk, NW DC near Col Heights/Petworth. Watched the band come in --- Georgia Ave. went from being pretty much wet to entirely snow covered in a matter of 3 to 4 minutes. So great. And looks like this is going to continue for hours. 

LWX might want to up that 4 to 8 inch total... lol

I've been waiting for this for too long.

Archived