ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
2/15 Snow threat

SnowGoose69

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro ens. trended about 100 miles west of the previous run.  Could continue to trend closer to the coast as models may be underestimating the sharpness of the trough.

Winds likely to gust over 40 mph on eastern LI given the rapidly deepening low.

Nam is coming in more amplified than previous runs.

This could be a nice, quick hitting event. The trough is negative tilting as it comes through, and there could be enough of a steady snow area for a quick 3-6". And if that's not a "nice hit" in a season where we almost all will be at 50"+ on the season after today, it's hard to know what to tell you unless you expect a climate like ORH here.

This could be a nice, quick hitting event. The trough is negative tilting as it comes through, and there could be enough of a steady snow area for a quick 3-6". And if that's not a "nice hit" in a season where we almost all will be at 50"+ on the season after today, it's hard to know what to tell you unless you expect a climate like ORH here.

I could see it being more than 3-6 with the cold profiles and H5 getting better within every run. The trough is digging more on each run.

I could see it being more than 3-6 with the cold profiles and H5 getting better within every run. The trough is digging more on each run.

Upper levels don't look that cold-850s are above -10, more like -5 or so, so ratios may be on the lower side. But I can see this trending stronger also with the H500 low going negative. This could be a nice surprise, and only 48 hours away.

Upper levels don't look that cold-850s are above -10, more like -5 or so, so ratios may be on the lower side. But I can see this trending stronger also with the H500 low going negative. This could be a nice surprise, and only 48 hours away.

What a winter. 60 inches is a real possibility.

Archived