joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA and the fringes - Feb. 2014 Part V

JamieOber

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder if that sick band north of Harrisburg keeps pivoting? Wow, looks nice.

Hoping that band north of Harrisburg can hold together!

Here's to hoping!

It's creeping up so slowly, though, I just don't think it's going to make it... :(

EDIT: Will probably make it to within 10-20 miles southeast of here. I think it'll make it to IPT, though.

So I'm guessing Lincoln speedway opening next Saturday is out of the question? You guys will end up huge again down there

Maybe I can get some sleep Saturday night then. :) We are basically at climo (not counting this storm) for the year down here in Hanover with 35 inches but surprisingly it has been a lot of nickle and dime events with the best storm being 7 inches. Can't remember a winter in ages that has been cold and snowy throughout like this.

It's quite possible, but it'll probably be a gradual accumulation. We more than likely won't be seeing the 1-2" per hour (+) rates that the folks in South Central and Southeastern PA have seen.

What about the DEATH BAND slowly lifting NW from Harrisburg, will that make it up here. Been watching it creep slooowwwly northwest.

It's quite possible, but it'll probably be a gradual accumulation. We more than likely won't be seeing the 1-2" per hour (+) rates that the folks in South Central and Southeastern PA have seen.

thats not what I wanted to hear LOL....oh well, maybe soon we'll get in on some of these amazing snow totals.  Just cant seem to get the bomb here

What about the DEATH BAND slowly lifting NW from Harrisburg, will that make it up here. Been watching it creep slooowwwly northwest.

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/42855-central-pa-and-the-fringes-feb-2014-part-v/?p=2787901

;)

There does seem to be a little bit of impetus from the section to our southeast, though, so I guess it's still possible. I'm just concerned about how the part of the band from Cumberland to Bedford has already completely stopped its forward progress...

Archived