• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2/12/14 BIG DOG Snow photo/video thread

Reb

Reb and I took a drive up the Foothills Parkway as the snow started.  Near the top a sheriff told us to head back as they were going to close it down.  We then drove through Townsend, the snow got very heavy, and we stopped near the National Park entrance to play in it a bit.

Next to the stream:

MS1hNZK.jpg

Me trying to keep my phone dry:

PTPaLld.jpg

Reb about to clock someone

B2n48xF.jpg

Got some video, including some slow motion clips of the half dollar flakes, I'll post later.

OK..trying to post a couple of pics and got an error message about not allowed to post pics with that extension? They were jpg format...can one of you fine folks provide a little training for me? Thanks. :santa:

Go to "More Reply Options" once you begin a post, and you can upload from there. Upload your images. Type what you want. Then, click on your image to insert it. You should see text w/ in your post. And then go back and edit for spacing. Post and go back and edit if it does not look right. I generally try to go no more than 700 px wide.

Big pic dump incoming!

Pictures are from my morning walk at about 7:30 this morning. The snow had ended for good about an hour before, and nothing had melted yet (this afternoon at least half has been vaporized by the sun).

IMG_3300_zps29bbb7bc.jpg

IMG_3303_zps2b247744.jpg

This is a nissan cube. Just goes to show you how sticky this stuff was.

IMG_3305_zps86a6017d.jpg

8.5 inches measured on top of the cube

IMG_3307_zps17e66d06.jpg

IMG_3314_zpsdf1537b9.jpg

This is why we had so much tree damage:

IMG_3327_zpsa78db8c4.jpg

IMG_3337_zpsdf3f2783.jpg

The dog was confused at first, but he had a blast playing all morning.

IMG_3345_zps21541c17.jpg

A friends dog, no words needed......lol.

Had a buddy head up to the gap. Thought Carvers would appreciate this one.

We are possibly heading to the state park now.  Doubt we will actually head for the gap in the Honda van!  Awesome pic though!  Love that area.  One day, I hope to have a cabin in the Roan Mtn area. 

Archived