SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
18z Models 2.12.14 Discussion

BrooklynSnow97

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CCB is going to be a big part of the storm for NJ, SWCT and HV. Biggest question to me is can it keeps its intensity as it moves east across NYC-LI and so on? The LP staying closed off is going to help this alot when it start moving east S. of LI.

The 4km shows the CCB weakening completely before making it across LI.

The back end tomorrow nite as per 4k NAM Looks like 4 hours of 1 -2 inches of snow from Trenton thru CNJ NWNJ into the Hudon valley and into  NYC and then across LI (Not sure if the intensity is the same thru the island ,weakens it a bit .)

But if Upton is right combine that with 50 mph gusts , and there white out conditions from CNJ on North .

12 on the front and if this verifies , Many people will be at the high end of there forecast range .

The back end tomorrow nite as per 4k NAM Looks like 4 hours of 1 -2 inches of snow from Trenton thru CNJ NWNJ into the Hudon valley and into NYC and then across LI (Not sure if the intensity is the same thru the island ,weakens it a bit .)

But if Upton is right combine that with 50 mph gusts , and there white out conditions from CNJ on North .

12 on the front and if this verifies , Many people will be at the high end of there forecast range .

The LP staying closed off as it passes south of LI must be able to help keep the CCB together in its entirety as it moves east across LI though right?

The CCB is not completely weakened across Long Island . In the heart of this coming east its 35 plus DBZ

It seems to be more on the order of 20 dbz as it gets E of KNYC

So light-moderate precip as it heads across LI as i was saying all along? 20dbz doesnt sound like anything special to write home about at all to be honest

The 4km shows the CCB weakening completely before making it across LI.

The western half of Long Island probably gets a few inches from it. There are very good radar returns overhead for 4-5 hours. Granted, the worst of it is west of there over N NJ and the Hudson Valley. Verbatim, the 18z 4k NAM has over a foot of snow from about the William Floyd Pkwy west.

So light-moderate precip as it heads across LI as i was saying all along? 20dbz doesnt sound like anything special to write home about at all to be honest

...there is no guarantee it will set up over NJ exactly as modeled by the 18z NAM...usually these things end up displaced a bit northeast of where they are modeled...if I were to guess...it would set up along the eastern slopes of the Berkshires / Litchfield Hills down to Fairfield County...where the wind smacks up against these hills.

The western half of Long Island probably gets a few inches from it. There are very good radar returns overhead for 4-5 hours. Granted, the worst of it is west of there over N NJ and the Hudson Valley. Verbatim, the 18z 4k NAM has over a foot of snow from about the William Floyd Pkwy west.

Tough for me to think that verifies exactly although we are bulls-eyed it sounds like down here in Edison.

Any mix/rain I think will be minimal with the dry slot forecast to go over our region.

I agree  I think its 12 on the front  3 hours of snizzle , the surface is  32 - 33 then then the deformation zone rips thru . Last Feb I got 10 in 5 hours in CN -  would love to see that again w 50 mph gusts

If you take where the Euro put the best CCB and move it a bit northeast or east like William said you basically get the 18z NAM. Even though this run has brought out my inner weenie, I still will air on the side of caution. That backend band is going to continue to fluctuate from run to run.

The RGEM lines up a bit further east than the Euro is showing.

attachicon.gifSN_000-048_0000.gif

What an absolute crush-job. The VV panels on the models today show likely the strongest snow rates here since Jan 26, 2011, and that's just the front end. That was 12" in 4-5 hours. I'm not sure overrunning can sustain snow rates like that and ratios will be lower than that this time, but it's going to be an incredibly fun 6-8 hours.

Archived