• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 12-13 Storm IV, Model Discussion

stormtracker

From what I can see, the HRRR has been on the money all evening down south. I'm definitely weighting it over the RAP.

My professor refers to the latter as the CRAP model. I agree with him.

Where do you study? The main reason I like the RAP is the extra 3 hours into the future. :P

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is some kind of band the RAP puts over DCA and vicinity, strong divergence aloft with the LFQ of the incoming upper jet streak and RRQ of the departing. The 700 mb VVs speak for themselves and the 500 mb VVs are also impressive, there would be phenomenal rates within that band to say the least with impressive convective enhancement, possible TSSN as well.

I'm looking forward to the 0z nam. Purples man. Purples. 

i'm most interested in how the deform gets resolved. That's a pretty big wildcard. 

I think give me any models but the RPM and to a lesser extent GFS and I'll be happy. I still have no idea what the RPM is except that it looks warm a lot of times.  TV mets seem to like it.  Anyone have a clue about it.

I'm pretty excited at the potential when the upper energy passes by late tomorrow.  I think there sure could be couple hours of pretty heavy snow... Of course for northern VA and DC, we'd want the upper energy to close off and pass just SE of DCA to put us in the best position.  The latest RAP has some good omegas associate with it off to our SW at 17Z tomorrow.

I think give me any models but the RPM and to a lesser extent GFS and I'll be happy. I still have no idea what the RPM is except that it looks warm a lot of times.  TV mets seem to like it.  Anyone have a clue about it.

I think that may be because that's what is sold to them by their data providers. Kind of dumb if you ask me. I think it's also what they use for all of their "futurecast" graphics. 

The RPM has it changing here in 15 minutes. I am 20 mile WNW of RIC, and no other model is NEARLY that agressive with the warm nose.

Archived