joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
V Day II obs

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will end up as a cat 3 on NESIS...prehaps a bit higher in the actual KU rankings since the methods are slightly different. I suppose it could sneak into low end cat 4...its easy to forget how many of our northeast storms don't give much snow to the mid-atlantic (esp south of DC) and the southeast and then back all the way up into upsate NY.

The widespread coverage of good snows will really boost the ranking even though the big 20"+ amounts were confined to isolated pockets for the most part.

Agree, high 3 low 4, posted earlier that I thought it would be a 4 due to aerial and population coverage. There are more people in the mid Atlantic than many realize, and NYC and much of NJ should come in over 10 which has a lot of weight. But it all depends on how much the coops measured.

Picked up another 1/2" thru the day, in my region's excuse for backside - it invariably gets downsloped away.  However, 11.5" isn't too shabby, season's biggest so far.  Very dense snowpack builder; the 1.66" LE is a bit more than we had for the 12/6-7/03 event that dumped 24", but this one will take just as long to melt.

Archived