SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
V Day II obs

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dryslot in place of what could have been rain FTW.

Just finished clearing my driveway - aka The Worst Driveway Eva for a snowblower - Large "L" shape (which translates into doubling back, and much worse for storms like this with more snow), gravel, steep incline, off of main road (meaning serious plow dumpage into my driveway)

Just a complete and utter crushing going on in

Parts of mid atlantic right now ...just wow

Radar filling in back east of state college

mount holly pickin up more activity

That whole area from dc to bmi ne to HfD back to central pa up to vt is getting annihilated tonite. Just total nudity setting up.

Meanwhile maine pounding into central NH and a lil weenie band just w of albany as well.

Some peeps down near dc burbs will have 2 feet

Whew. The snow is thick, heavy and hard to move. Has that blue hue that is often seen with high water content storms.

Measured at 6pm. - 10" frontend. This time the snowblower and then I ran out of gas. Really doesn't matter which came first.

The road is down to pavement but the 4' end of the driveway is a task still to tackle.

34.4°F 

Deepest snow-depth since the January back to back to back a couple yrs ago. Oh my back.  

15" of wet fluff, a bit of sleet and 4 1/2 hours of rain. Now I'm looking at another foot or so tonight... This storm is gonna kill me.

You are in the Albany forecast area I think? 

15" today is pretty darn solid, lol.  If that's true, and you are lined up for another foot tonight (ALB says their zones should see 6-12" tonight, with locally higher amounts)...we could have the jackpot area right there.

the ull is starting to explode. this is gonna be an awesome night regardless if its graupel, sleet, zr, snizzles....whatever. get rid of this dry slot lets go to work.

It is beginning to, and it looks like it's going to run primairly along the NY/NE border into PF country.  As modeled.  Hopefully we'll get some eastward movement to that.  But that's how it appears to my eyes.

It is beginning to, and it looks like it's going to run primairly along the NY/NE border into PF country.  As modeled.  Hopefully we'll get some eastward movement to that.  But that's how it appears to my eyes.

right up the hudson looks jacked, sure. your sitting pretty though. 4-8" is attainable for you.

Archived