joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
V Day II obs

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there a little meso low sw of the islands right now? Check out that circulation on radar...

Not really a meso low, see my post above.  That's what saved a lot of you and why the winds have come around at the last minute to squash the CF (like you said btw).

That in turn kind of becomes the main low as the day goes on, which is part of why the stinger has less sting.

They will...in fact, the sleet line might save it from being 6+ there. Its probably 1-2" per hour now in that band.

The snow growth is phenomenal too, this banding is nuts. 32/22 in salem ma, SN+ with very low visibility, large flakes. I haven't got a chance to measure, any north shore peeps wanna give me an idea, commander pick, noreaster128?

Not really a meso low, see my post above.  That's what saved a lot of you and why the winds have come around at the last minute to squash the CF (like you said btw).

That in turn kind of becomes the main low as the day goes on, which is part of why the stinger has less sting.

can you explain.....

im very intrigued ..seriously

The snow growth is phenomenal too, this banding is nuts. 32/22 in salem ma, SN+ with very low visibility, large flakes. I haven't got a chance to measure, any north shore peeps wanna give me an idea, commander pick, noreaster128?

I'm guessing that we have at least 5", maybe 6" on the ground in North Andover, and it's coming down north of 3"/hour.  Has to be.  It's like a torrential downpour of snow right now.  Per Radar, it doesn't look like a changeover any time soon, so if this keeps up, I have no idea how we don't reach 12"+ here.

Heavy snow, smaller flakes here in Waltham.

Counting on a flip and or a dry slot before 5.

Odds of backlash reaching us in E MA, Jerry?

I think I handicap it as very low no matter what. It did happen in March 2001 but most of the front end was rain...lol.

BOS now 33/31 +SN.

Archived