Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
V Day II obs

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The intensity of the frontal zone given the air mass contrast, rapid pressure falls, could produce astounding totals now in most of CT, nwRI and w/c MA. I would not be surprised if this goes to 35 or even 40 inches in some places with a widespread 25-30.

NAM has clearly indicated a very compressed thickness gradient that the GGEM failed to handle. That is structurally how this storm will avoid a widespread changeover during the rapid intensification stage later today and in fact the dynamics are so intense that rain may lose the battle along the front. No doubt this will lead to epic thunder-snow, and closer to the frontal zone thunder-sleet with large ice pellets possible.

Very strong NNE winds will develop with the heavy precip (ESE near the Cape). This could be a very similar storm in structural terms to the Blizzard of 1888.

The 30-40 inch snow potential will likely extend into NH and ME which will have fewer cases of coastal mixing as the cold air is already in place before the rapid deepening phase.

Then it looks like another 6-12 inches on Saturday, if there's any real break between storms, since this one will backbuild as it pulls away (it will be absorbing the Wisconsin blizzard remnant, yesterday this was dumping S+ in nw ND and se SK.

This is feedback from the anomalously cold winter further west, another similarity to 1888.

I want some of whatever your on

yea it did, it nailed SW CT as well.

Was horrible here, but that's the nature of these things.

Waves of rain here, it's still attempting to do something frozen but without much success.  Neat curl on the radar south of me that may help delay the push NW or even oscillate a bit further north.

Stuck at 36.1 now...first time it's stabilized in hours.

Is Roger from Tolland too?

are you kidding me...christ

it can't be THAT close to me

I've been pounding snow and it has me exactly on the line...or actually more on the wrong side for last hour

Prob will get a parachute bomb for 2-3 hours in Boston....we'll see how well that omega goes to town.

I have a hard time believing latent cooling won't rip things to a 33-34F paste-fest for a bit.

Yup, it has been absolutely dumping massive baseball sized flakes, pretty freakin epic outside right now. Roads are covered again lol.

You can really see it on TDWR there were brighter echoes showing the rain line and it just collapsed so quickly with the heavy lift. Incredibly heavy snow right now, pretty awesome lol.

The intensity of the frontal zone given the air mass contrast, rapid pressure falls, could produce astounding totals now in most of CT, nwRI and w/c MA. I would not be surprised if this goes to 35 or even 40 inches in some places with a widespread 25-30.

NAM has clearly indicated a very compressed thickness gradient that the GGEM failed to handle. That is structurally how this storm will avoid a widespread changeover during the rapid intensification stage later today and in fact the dynamics are so intense that rain may lose the battle along the front. No doubt this will lead to epic thunder-snow, and closer to the frontal zone thunder-sleet with large ice pellets possible.

Very strong NNE winds will develop with the heavy precip (ESE near the Cape). This could be a very similar storm in structural terms to the Blizzard of 1888.

The 30-40 inch snow potential will likely extend into NH and ME which will have fewer cases of coastal mixing as the cold air is already in place before the rapid deepening phase.

Then it looks like another 6-12 inches on Saturday, if there's any real break between storms, since this one will backbuild as it pulls away (it will be absorbing the Wisconsin blizzard remnant, yesterday this was dumping S+ in nw ND and se SK.

This is feedback from the anomalously cold winter further west, another similarity to 1888.

Is this for real?  How I wish...

Archived