• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
V Day II obs

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

My guess is totals get cut over bos metro.

Track more Northerly on 12z models was rather ummmm severe for a 12 hr forecast

Winds will be more E'rly then Ne by mid pm and i think that gives marine BL the upper hand or produces more 33.5 barely accumulating paste for more areas toward later part of lift.

Difference between epic front end and good imo for some areas

Ugh, this sucks.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess is totals get cut over bos metro.

Track more Northerly on 12z models was rather ummmm severe for a 12 hr forecast

Winds will be more E'rly then Ne by mid pm and i think that gives marine BL the upper hand or produces more 33.5 barely accumulating paste for more areas toward later part of lift.

Difference between epic front end and good imo for some areas

Forecasts should be fine west of 95, but east of there (particularly roughly east of 24) some chopping should be going on I think. 

I95 marks the rough freezing/below, then from there to Rte 24 you have snow but also warm temps.  So there's the challenge of how much accumulates in the daylight at 34?

Tough deal.

Up to 35.2 and still steadily climbing.

Hard to imagine we wouldn't be all snow when that band gets here soon...If I can see those 2-3"/hr rates, I'll be fine if we flip right after

Not that I have a choice, either way.

Stuck at 33.3/32

I do think it will be all snow at the onset but how long it lasts will be the key.  My guess is we have another 1-2hr before it's hasta la vista snow.  The leading edge is about 5-10mi off so I'll know real soon.

Forecasts should be fine west of 95, but east of there (particularly roughly east of 24) some chopping should be going on I think.

I95 marks the rough freezing/below, then from there to Rte 24 you have snow but also warm temps. So there's the challenge of how much accumulates in the daylight at 34?

Tough deal.

Up to 35.2 and still steadily climbing.

Imo this is a game changer and now its a race w new low tracking almost due north on 12z runs

The angle lp moves from 18z to 0z is key wrt wind direction for e ma ne ma prob back to 495.

You can say im over exaggerating but this is gonna slice totals for 128 front end ...watch as temps keep rising after initial lift may cool them 1-2 f

Imo this is a game changer and now its a race w new low tracking almost due north on 12z runs

The angle lp moves from 18z to 0z is key wrt wind direction for e ma ne ma prob back to 495.

You can say im over exaggerating but this is gonna slice totals for 128 front end ...watch as temps keep rising after initial lift may cool them 1-2 f

this is the happy obs thread

27.7 mod snows

I guess Harvey's decades of experience FTW

40's touching the cape.  35.4 here.  Looks like 35's all the way into quincy per Mesonet.  Hard to believe though.

CC dual pole shows encroachment nearing boston now.

I'm glad that I never altered my initial amounts.

6-12 outside 495

4-8 128-495

3-6 inside 128

2-5" se of Boston

Archived