• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    chrislittlenews
    Newest Member
    chrislittlenews
Herb@MAWS

Feb 12-13 Obs for "The Storm That Wouldn't Say NO"

Rates are really nice at Navy Yard (DC) --- heavy snow falling. Ground that was cleared has now been covered again in less than 5 minutes. Was at 2.25 inches at 12:45pm --- probably going to increase quickly with this band for the next few hours. Temp still around the low-mid 20s.

Sitting on my front step like I'm waiting on a summer t-storm. Nugget Nectar in hand. I want megadeath band!

Also. We are 3.5 inches. Some spots 4.

DC peeps? 30+dbz on radar. What's going on?

The skies are just puking snow on us here in the city. Visibility has declined markedly, wind is persistent. Real deal!

Dundalk, over 3" getting destroyed. Flakes were huge, smaller a bit now as the sick Baltimore band moves north. 2-3"/hr rates in the band down south of me. Heres food for thought :o

cref_t3sfc_f05.png

geesh, can this get any better?! :wub:

Yeah, really coming down now, pouring snow. It's a testament to the rate and the size of the flakes that I can actually see the snow through my front windows, rather than having to open the door and peer with binoculars toward the street lights.

I've been waiting for this since 2010. Middle river, 2.5" and coming down hard now in huge puffy flakes. 

Too bad I can't enjoy it. Wife is 5 days overdue with our first child. Sweating bullets hoping the low pressure doesn't kick off labor...

Last few frames of the Bob Chill radar show the Deathblob expanding to the south and west. Should envelope most of Fairfax County soon. Seems to be already ripping more here judging by what I see in my floodlight on my back deck. This is more like it.

2.5" here.

We may be in reds within 30-45 minutes.