• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA (and the fringes) 02/13/14 Coastal Storm obs thread

Voyager

I had 5 at the house... looks like MDT's 6 hour peak coldest temp is 2F... record low for today is 0

just looking at data through Feb 11th... currently this winter ranks 12th coldest on record for Harrisburg (Dec, Jan, Feb)... a low of 2 and high in the 20s today will pull the winter average down slightly

I had 5 at the house... looks like MDT's 6 hour peak coldest temp is 2F... record low for today is 0

just looking at data through Feb 11th... currently this winter ranks 12th coldest on record for Harrisburg (Dec, Jan, Feb)... a low of 2 and high in the 20s today will pull the winter average down slightly

Pretty spectacular. By Friday morning MDT should surpass its seasonal average in snowfall rates as well. This storm might be the largest since that Feb 2010 blockbuster.

Just a thought, since we're having a separate obs thread from our C-PA disco thread... maybe we should just make this an obs thread for the whole subforum including the Upstate NY gang and Western PA.  

I thought about that, but we cover a pretty large region on our own, from Williamsport to the MD/PA line and from State College over to me in Tamaqua. Add to that a good and diverse group of posters, and I think we're good keeping Central PA (CTP) based.

Anyway, holding steady at 18 degrees here.

Archived