Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2/13/2014 Major Coastal Storm Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite the mid-level battle going on...precip has been going from mostly snow to mostly sleet and then back again over the past 15 minutes.

At 9:45 AM, it's about a 50/50 mix of those precip types with a temp of 30 degrees in Spring Mount, PA.  Latest measurement is up to 11 inches for this storm (2 inches since my previous measurement 40 minutes ago).

I moved and am in SE Mont.CO but I still want to see how much you, Agnes, any reports from Jenkintown/Abington, and Fox Chase guy received so I can estimate. I live in the forest which meant I was hit especially hard by the ice storm, but it makes it impossible to measure thanks to trees and those stupid Keebler Elves. Also, this storm is delivering everything. Snow, sleet! Yes, freaking sleet!

My sister is in Wyndmoor (about 2 miles NW of me) and had a clear table to get a measurement.  She said it's about 8" (she has some spots around her house with 2 ft drifts).

8.5" ----- 2.5" in one hour baby! The promised land.

Is Jebman available to contract out for shoveling?

Nice.  There's a kid in my neighborhood who knocks on every door whenever it snows looking to make money for shoveling.  If I didn't actually kind of enjoy it, he could make some money from me.

Back to all snow and heavy in Spring Mount, PA at 9:54 AM.  Temp is 30.

Archived