joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13/2014 Major Coastal Storm Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you watch the loop and look at both the backside of the storm as well as how the precip is building south of here, especially if you use KOKX as the radar site, you can see the turn towards the ENE starting to happen.

Joe B:

Surface center just east of Va Beach with second center to south,, passed through eastern NC overnight!

Im starting to think the dual pol is not really 100% sleet but just some rimed flakes/pellets mixed with snow, idk but weenie obs, 

There's really sleet here. You can hear it pinging against the windows and you can feel/see it outside. Snow is trying to fight on though so we'll see what happens. But the warm layer at 900mb I was worrying about last night must really have some teeth.

Interesting what I just observed, when looking at Correlation Coefficient, I noticed what looked like sleet pop up over me here in Roslyn. At the same time we were snowing heavy but there were a few pingers at that same exact time. We're back to all heavy snow again. Very dynamic storm.

There's really sleet here. You can hear it pinging against the windows and you can feel/see it outside. Snow is trying to fight on though so we'll see what happens. But the warm layer at 900mb I was worrying about last night must really have some teeth.

100% snow in SI, you are in a bad spot in LI to begin with, it just pokes out

Awesome stuff.....it seems like what is happening is that although the "mix line" might get into the area fairly soon, as the heaviest echoes reenter these areas, they switch back to primarily heavy snow with a bit of sleet mixed in. Newest RAP shows the heaviest banding for NENJ/NYC moving in over the next hour or so...you can see it developing to the south now. Incredible stuff ahead in the next hour!

Archived