Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA and the fringes - Feb. 2014 Part IV

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eric Horst starting to lose confidence after the late model runs. Even tweeted about changeover to plain rain for Lancaster Co.

At this point I'm rooting for two things: a snowstorm big enough to plow, but small enough to leave the facebook wishcasters with egg on their faces.

S&S posted 12-18" for Harrisburg, 6 FB friends shared it. I posted to them they're wrong and foolish. The response, "they are more accurate than anyone on tv or the NWS, I like them."

I almost hope a complete bust here to f them.

It's like a cult. Their minions have been taking to the comments section of the local TV stations to bash the conservative forecasts.

The biggest win that would come out of this event falling apart completely would be sensible people taking to social media to expose the "social meteorologists" for being charlatans and seriously jeopardizing the credibility of a profession that has little-to-no credibility within the general population to begin with.

To cry "wolf" twice in two weeks and get no "wolf"? The cynical nature of our society should end these people in rather quick fashion.

Now we all want this storm. But maybe it's for the greater good that we simply don't get it?

Hour 30: precip edge up to length of the mason-dixon line.

Hour 36: 0.1-0.25" line running roughly that Morgantown to Altoona to Scranton. 0.25-0.50 for Zak, Lancaster, and up to Allentown. 

Hour 42: Broad 0.1-0.25" over eastern 2/3s of PA

Its a big hit for a lot of PA. 

Archived