Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA and the fringes - Feb. 2014 Part IV

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been staring out the door, spot lights on waiting.

ive been watching things disappear from view in the distance... first roundtop... then the blinking lights on the hill and top of cooling tower at and around airport/three mile island... and now capital is invisible

19 and light snow here

I know I didn't report in but I have steady light snow and have had it for about the past 30 minutes. 

You guys will get a kick out of this.  I have a small 2nd story deck (above a walk-out basement) with a small round glass picnic table.  I use that table as my snowboard which works quite nicely.  Well, I hadn't cleared it off since before the ice storm last week.  I went out to start clearing it right before the snow was starting and discovered a mini-glacier on the entire table.  That ice wasn't going anywhere easily.  Well I knew I would have to pour hot water all over it to melt it.  The ice did not give up without an incredible fight with my ice scraper and 3 gallons of hot water!  I was going crazy with the scraping, hoping my neighbors wouldn't complain (lol).  I finally won and got it totally clear as the steady light snow was just beginning.  I can be a real weenie at times when I need to be. :snowing:  :weenie:

I know I didn't report in but I have steady light snow and have had it for about the past 30 minutes. 

You guys will get a kick out of this.  I have a small 2nd story deck (above a walk-out basement) with a small round glass picnic table.  I use that table as my snowboard which works quite nicely.  Well, I hadn't cleared it off since before the ice storm last week.  I went out to start clearing it right before the snow was starting and discovered a mini-glacier on the entire table.  That ice wasn't going anywhere easily.  Well I knew I would have to pour hot water all over it to melt it.  The ice did not give up without an incredible fight with my ice scraper and 3 gallons of hot water!  I was going crazy with the scraping, hoping my neighbors wouldn't complain (lol).  I finally won and got it totally clear as the steady light snow was just beginning.  I can be a real weenie at times when I need to be. :snowing:  :weenie:

I set up a webcams so that I can check anytime I want.

We have an obs thread going over here:

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/42834-central-pa-and-the-fringes-021314-coastal-storm-obs-thread/page-2

With the storm arriving in PA maybe we should lock this current thread til the storm ends or something and get everyone in the same thread so we don't need to go back and forth. Forums already being a pain in the butt as it is haha, can't access any of the actual regional forums from the AmericanWx homepage. 

Archived