• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
18z Models 2/11/2014 | Potential Major Coastal Storm

Sn0waddict

Sref's roll out in 20 mins, followed by the NAM at 3:00pm. Try to keep the discussion pertinent only to the 18z models, not Upton/News channels etc.  Good luck everybody.

GFS: 10:30; 4:30 (AM/PM)

GEFS (Eneembles):   12:00, 6:00 (AM/PM)

NAM: 9:00, 3:00  (AM/PM

SREF:  8:20, 2:20 (AM/PM)

RGEM: 10:20, 4:00 (AM/PM)

GGEM (CMC):  11:00 (AM/PM

UKMET:  10:40 (AM/PM)

ECMWF (Euro/ECM):  12:45 (AM/PM)

ECM ensembles:  3:00 (AM/PM)

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the initialization of the NAM vs the SPC Mesoanalysis it appears as though it initialized too weak with the southern stream system... Just as a point of reference, check out the 500 mb height field relative to the NAM initialization... look at the

5640 m line running into the Texas panhandle and match that with the 564 dm line on the 18z point on the NAM (Granted, it is 19z on the meso at this point, but even if you take it back 2 hours it was still underdone)

It doesn't matter....it can still catch onto trends and its a useful model.

So you're saying now that the NAM showing phasing earlier and stronger nrn wave like the RAP is useless? lol okay

I will repeat for JM...The rap is unless in this range. With that said, the nam is not good either though.

Mods... feel free to delete this post but plz get some of in the inept analysis out of the threads ...i literally live in NJ and from all the bs in these threads still legit dont know what to expect

I really don't see too much ineptitude going on here. There is some good back and forth analysis, it's going to happen. The models are still literally ALL over the place, so don't "expect"  anything yet.

Sit back and enjoy the ride :popcorn:  :popcorn:

PS does anyone have euro total snowfall map 12z?

I really don't see too much ineptitude going on here. There is some good back and forth analysis, it's going to happen. The models are still literally ALL over the place, so don't "expect" anything yet.

Sit back and enjoy the ride :popcorn::popcorn:

PS does anyone have euro total snowfall map 12z?

I have the weatherbell snow map but I hate posting them in marginal situations bc they are highly inaccurate. Anyone with a better one, feel free to poat.

Archived