• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 13-14 Storm Threat for Eastern NY State

Wx4cast

Definitely has picked up this morning. I been following all morning. Some heavier stuff approaching Albany on radar now.

Just checked radar and models for the first time all day.  I had vouched to not obsess over the data this storm and go outside and enjoy it, but I ultimately couldn't resist.  And I was surprised to see how excellent the radar looks.  And guidance has converged on a consensus of QPF over 1.25".  For the time being, things look fantastic.

Hopefully the lack of posts in this thread mean that the handful of ENY board members are all outside enjoying this pounding.  Or maybe people are actually diligently working.  Surface temps are soaring into the upper 20s, but it's still dumping outside.  The intensity is down a touch from a ridiculous 4"/hr to a more manageable 2"/hr or so.

Bandlets N, S, E, and W of the ALB downtown area.  A really impressive band out towards Schenectady.  But the radar reflectivities are drying up around ALB metro.  I wonder if there is some meso terrain influence going on.  Looking forward to heavier snow moving back in later tonight.

Archived