• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

I don't usually watch local TV much so: What did schools do today delay/off/on???...I'm having a bad flashback to a similar situation,early 80's...I was driving School Bus for the largest district in LV area and it was Supposed(Fr.Rain) to start early so we got a call,probably off...It didn't start,they Went ahead on time...After my Jr High run it started,Hard: I had a bus full of 1 thru 6 and a bad turn,then down a steep hill to the school left,wow,I'm reliving it...Then after we unloaded I had no weight and it took me 1-1/2hrs to go a few miles to the garages...I hope that doesn't happen to any driver or anyones kids today...    

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't usually watch local TV much so: What did schools do today delay/off/on???...I'm having a bad flashback to a similar situation,early 80's...I was driving School Bus for the largest district in LV area and it was Supposed(Fr.Rain) to start early so we got a call,probably off...It didn't start,they Went ahead on time...After my Jr High run it started,Hard: I had a bus full of 1 thru 6 and a bad turn,then down a steep hill to the school left,wow,I'm reliving it...Then after we unloaded I had no weight and it took me 1-1/2hrs to go a few miles to the garages...I hope that doesn't happen to any driver or anyones kids today...

That's a scary situation. Hope it never happens again!

As far as schools, no delays today. I hope that they get everyone in before it starts. Schools are so desperate to get days in now I think they're starting to take chances and "get lucky" that "it's not that bad".

Looks like cold air is entrenched for a while this morning. Still 15 here.

I'm glad the rain held off here...looks like it won't start until about 9 AM.  Most people will already be at school / work by 9 AM...plus it has given temps a chance to rise to near or just above freezing (it was 20 degrees in Spring Mount at 7 AM, so that would have caused lots of icy roads/sidewalks if rain had arrived then).

Wow just an incredible bolt of lightning and rolling thunder here in NW Chesco

Temp had risen to 33.0 now back down to 32.1 with ZR falling!

Yup... I too can now cross thunder freezing rain off my bucket list.  31 with ZR.  Ice accumulating on trees and sidewalks but roads are fine not including the glaciers that still remain on the streets in downtown Reading.

Worcester, PA   31 degrees (down a little in the last hour)  rain - probably freezing on some trees, but pavements are just wet.

I have to wonder how much weight is being added to the snow load on the roofs of some buildings. There have been several building / roof collapses in the past few days. Have not heard of any today, but could be an issue.

Archived