Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The Big One - Observation

JoshM

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really heavy snow here in Northwest Raleigh. Picked up another 3/4" in the last hour. Almost at 7" total snow.

So amazing what just a little bit of distance can do... I'm in Raleigh near downtown, and we've had mostly rain today with just a good 20-minute snowfall.  Trying to snow again right now but its mostly rain with a few flakes flying.  We also had a lot of melting, so the 4" we got yesterday has been significantly reduced.  Shoot.    

Kind-of late to the party...been very busy today. Just to report final total. 12 inches on the ground north of Lincolnton NC Rates at one point were 3.5 inches an hour. Looked like chicken feathers falling from the sky. This was an amazing storm. Even had thunder-snow this morning. Winter for my area, just got an A.

Your upstate brethren would disagree, as we once again got the shaft. 4" is nice, unless you were expecting upwards of 12"

Glad for you guys though...such is life I guess..

So amazing what just a little bit of distance can do... I'm in Raleigh near downtown, and we've had mostly rain today with just a good 20-minute snowfall. Trying to snow again right now but its mostly rain with a few flakes flying. We also had a lot of melting, so the 4" we got yesterday has been significantly reduced. Shoot.

Well we are about two miles from the Durham County line in far Northwest Wake County so that definitely makes a big difference. We definitely got pretty lucky though. I am shocked at how much snow we have.

The thaw is on in Charlotte. Where have all these plows, Cats, and blowers come from? Methinks that some northerners wanted to make some extra cash. South Blvd is just wet and clear.

So many different measurements in my wooded neighborhood, but I feel safe calling 9-10 totals. Some drifts were above car tires. Already compacted down to probably 7-8.

I had a lull here on the south side of Winston before it picked up again.

I'm on the Winston Salem side of Greensboro and the flakes are small and not very many in number...is that band still coming our way  or should I go ahead and break out the shovel...since my Arizona trip was cancelled.

Greensboro and its 29F

Archived