• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NW_of_GYX
    Newest Member
    NW_of_GYX
JoshM

The Big One - Observation

light snow here in hickory. we've had around 6 inches total sleet/snow. may be compacted down a little.

Compaction is huge here. 5" of snow and 3" of IP = ~5" :P

Exactly 3" from last night and it is the most beautiful snowfall I've seen in years. Thanks to the freezing rain the snow stuck to the trees in a way not normally possible. It looks like hoarfrost up in the mountains. Still snowing lightly at 32 degrees.

Compaction is huge here. 5" of snow and 3" of IP = ~5" :P

Yeah, I really have no idea how much of each I got.  The ruler sitting out on the deck still measures 5 inches, but I know it sleeted for a good deal of the night.  Thus, I probably got around 4.5 inches of snow before a couple of inches of sleet, and that has all compacted down to about 5 inches.

Light snow continues to fall.

It's actually more of a freezing drizzle in my back yard but it's picking up. When I was outside with the dog it did sound like I heard some low rumbles of thunder but couldn't be sure.

Not,thunder, just my stomach from that beer and spinach lasagna I had last night.

That was some heavy snow in Lexington SC just now... .. more coming on the back from GA I would guess through the morning.

I was awoken by the sound of a plow clearing the parking lot of my apt complex.

Looks like we got a healthy glaze overnight, but only enough to make the trees bend a little. I have power and there are no reports of widespread power outages in the Triangle area.

Here in NW Atlanta it's 29° with moderate snow/fog. The backend of this band looks the heaviest (30+dbz) showing up and there's another lighter band behind that.  :lmao:

Hvy snow now, the heaviest I've seen all morning! :snowing:

We stayed all snow most measurements are 9.5 to 10 inches. Hopefully some more light snow today. Sref plumes average gives us another 2 inches tomorrow night!

You can try and come back now and get back in time for the deformation band moving through the Triangle :lmao:

You mean the one that's giving me heavy snow right now? (come at me bro!) lol

Cleveland County getting hammered with snow right now -- pictures/video all over facebook -- sounds like at least an inch and hour and it's trying to backbuild.