joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Big One - Observation

JoshM

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Accumulating snow in Fayetteville again. Decent rates, flakes are in between huge and tiny lol just right. 3 days in a row with snow. Not bad not bad. Tons of ice last night. Lost 2 branches in my front yard lol. Never lost power. Roads are so-so, but if this snow keeps up its just going to make it even worse out there. Bragg Blvd going towards downtown Fay only had 1.5 lanes clear out of 3-4 lanes. Disappointed about all the ice though, went from 8" IMBY to maybe 4-5".

It's awesome watching many on this Board get some frozen precipitation, and it's not quite over for our friends in the Carolinas.  My brother in Rome, GA measured between 4.5" and 5" this morning.  That's 3 separate snow events in 2 weeks...(totaling about 10")!  I don't recall that ever happening up there before.  

My neck of the woods, Perry, GA, even got a 15-minute taste of light snow this morning around 7:30.  Other than that, we missed out on any accumulations, which is probably a good thing since we were on the threshold of getting a major ice storm.  I never thought I would enjoy 33 and rain, but yesterday I did! 

There are a lot of winners, especially in SE Tennessee and parts of central and NE Alabama.  That was an amazing band that developed late yesterday afternoon!  I know there are a few disappointments, but even those who ended up with less than they were expecting have to admit that it beats the heck out of a snowless winter!

We're headed for sunny and 63 by Sunday so I'm looking forward to a taste of spring!

absolutely HUGE flakes falling in fayetteville, straight down. in buckets. wow. this might be the heaviest snow i've ever seen right now....and thats coming from someone who live in PHL burbs (jersey side) during the historic 2009-2010 winter.

and the radar is damn near empty? what gives?

Archived