• Last Reply
Guest Harv311

NW High Point

Moderate sleet

Bouncing off the windows like crazy

Getting a nice crust on top of all the snow

Hoping for a change back to snow soon!

same with winston-salem little snow

About 30 miles west of you on I40 I have been pure snow from the get go and over 6 inches now. Consider myself lucky

I have around 4-5 inches of snow, but it is a far cry from the 8-12 I forecasted for the area. You are still under where you have remained all snow. It will be interesting to see if there is redevelopment tonight and tomorrow morning. It is the only thing that can halfway safe my accumulation estimates.

Nice storm, but not even close to historical.  Just under 5" north of GSO before IP hit 3-4 hours earlier than modeled on the 12Z NAM & GFS.  After 20 years of living here, wraparound is always a longshot, so will not hold my breath on any additional accumulation tomorrow.  Nice storm, but nothing close to the anticipated epic event thus far.

Nice storm, but not even close to historical.  Just under 5" north of GSO before IP hit 3-4 hours earlier than modeled on the 12Z NAM & GFS.  After 20 years of living here, wraparound is always a longshot, so will not hold my breath on any additional accumulation tomorrow.  Nice storm, but nothing close to the anticipated epic event thus far.

RAH had us at 6-10...seems to be right on track.  It had epic "potential" if everything went perfectly, but how often does that happen?  I guess there's a reason we have had a ton of 8-10" events in the past but only a few ever much larger than that.

Archived