joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Big One - Observation

JoshM

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for quoting...technical dummy here..

.Gawx (Larry),

Thanks for the reply. You may not remember but we've conversed a few times over year (going back to wwbb)..always appreciate your knowledge of our area and especially our climatological history. This really has been the most satisfying event for me in a very long time. I love these heavy ip events....I actually believe (as your info substantiated) that this thing verified well to the extent that had this been an all an event, we would have realized some record totals in line w what euro was advertising. Again, only real glitch was handling of wedge which wasn't awful either. All in all one of the better handled events both by models abd mets for our area. I am sometimes critical of our local mets/ffc sometimes and believe its only right I give them their much deserved congrats on this one!!

agreed!  my turn to ask a silly question lol - this CC radar stuff is new to me with this storm. so i am assuming that what is the line is the bright echos that are moving from far ne ga towards the se into the upstate, right?

Actually I am not that familiar with that radar and that's why I liked it. I have not taken the time to clarify so actually I am assuming the same. If anyone want's to clarify what that radar shows that would be awesome. 

Actually I am not that familiar with that radar and that's why I liked it. I have not taken the time to clarify so actually I am assuming the same. If anyone want's to clarify what that radar shows that would be awesome. 

That is correct NeGa and dual pole radar is about the same concept.

50/50 snow / sleet after 4 hours of ZR! Maybe we can get a couple more inches of something out of this to lessen the sting of failure.

Archived