Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
The Big One - Observation

JoshM

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hourly Update: Temp dropped 1°F to 24°F. Received another 3/4" of snow. Huge flakes just started to fall right after my measurement, so I suspect my next hourly obs will be greater than 3/4". Wind 15 MPH.

Total snowfall today - 1.75".

Total since yesterday - 3.25"

My Location: One mile south of Charlotte-Monroe Executive Airport, Monroe, NC

Here in Dunwoody, just north of Atlanta, there has been freezing drizzle for awhile making the sleetcover really slick. It is now 29.3 and just a little above the lowest to this point. I measured just under 1" of sleet. Based on reliable model consensus, I would have expected roughly 2" of sleet by about now with more to come. There was a little lost to rain and some lost to ZR to this point. There is some glaze on all objects/trees/bushes. However, regarding total liquid equivalent, I doubt we're too far below model projections though I can't confirm that at this time.

Man we have VERY HEAVY clouds now. Some of the biggest clouds I have ever seen! If this keeps up , we could get several miles of clouds and it could continue for 24 hours or so. I say bring them on, I just hope there is no mixing the clouds with a few rays of sun cause that would ruin everything!!! :santa:

Here in Dunwoody, just north of Atlanta, there has been freezing drizzle for awhile making the sleetcover really slick. It is now 29.3 and just a little above the lowest to this point. I measured just under 1" of sleet. Based on reliable model consensus, I would have expected roughly 2" of sleet by about now with more to come. There was a little lost to rain and some lost to ZR to this point. There is some glaze on all objects/trees/bushes. However, regarding total liquid equivalent, I doubt we're too far below model projections though I can't confirm that at this time.

That's about what I'm looking at here.

Archived