SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He Grit, I got a shade over 4 and then sleeted for a good while. Changed to zr in the evening and got that most of the night. It did not accrue well, but there is some on the trees, and they're not dripping, so I guess we're 31 or 32...certainly not lower than that. All in all, a good storm for me. Puts me over climo, I guess, and ends the RDU snow rought. We had 1"/hr rates for a couple of hours.

I thought you guys averaged around 80" a year? At least the way brick talks big storms are common from Nov to February for the rdu area.

Well the 11z HRRR just puts down 4-5" over your house and there is a big precip holes over my house between western Wake and Pittsboro. Woohoo snowhole back in effect!

Check please! Two would be a big win. I know it won't turn out exactly as it shows, but it'll be nice to see one more snowfall before winter is over.

Power outage map: https://www.progress-energy.com/app/outagemaps/carolinas.aspxThere's 1 person without power in Durham county. Poor guy (or gal).EDIT: here's the Duke power map: https://www.duke-energy.com/north-carolina/outages/current.aspThat makes 21 folks in Durham without power. Major ice storm!

A saw some green flashes last night around 2:30 am. Prolly flashed about 4-5 times.

That is nice but everything lifts NE, we have to hope to get clipped by it, probably why WRAL has 1-3" for the NW side of Wake, although I haven't seen there map, but just a guess.

Yeah. I just got a chance to look at the 11z HRRR. It has less snowfall generally across our area. Not too concerned about the local maxes, but the general trend was less. WRAL's latest futurecast model run looked a little more robust than the last run though.

Radar is showing stuff building and lifting from the the south west toward the triangle. I'm a little concerned about the upper air dynamics though. 850 line still well to the west, check out meso analysis attached:

My air temp is climbing a bit above freezing now as well, 32.2.

850mb.gif?1392302676498

Looks like RAH is seeing the same thing. They've downshifted to 1" to 2" thru tonight. The sun is trying to come out in Raleigh right now.

Archived