SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I blame it on the models. The models were showing a historic storm. None of them got it right. I bet the models will get the blizzard right in the NE though.

I've never seen a model with a met degree or one that is paid a salary.  I'm not trying to be snarky, but "computer error" has become the normal excuse for almost everything that goes wrong everywhere and it is one of my pet peeves.

I've never seen a model with a met degree or one that is paid a salary.  I'm not trying to be snarky, but "computer error" has become the normal excuse for almost everything that goes wrong everywhere and it is one of my pet peeves.

The sounds of storm fail are loud around here    :lol:    Everyone knew the chance of sleet mixing in would reduce their totals...that being said....this has been the best storm in many years for the se crew as a whole....we don't get many of them, so you better enjoy what you got   :whistle: 

Lol some of yall are ridiculous. You get a big *** winter storm and still complain. You should be happy you even got some wintry precip. Now if this is the last event of the year, we will probably here some talk about a 4 year snow drought.

Just think if you were in my location with 30s and rain all day reading all the snow sleet and ZR post.

Lol some of yall are ridiculous. You get a big *** winter storm and still complain. You should be happy you even got some wintry precip. Now if this is the last event of the year, we will probably here some talk about a 4 year snow drought.

While I'm not complaining one bit, I'd like to point out that I remember someone complaining, or at least saying what a bust of a storm, the other week *cough cough YOU cough cough* ;)

Well Michelle and Shawn - y'all apparently kept your power sounds like. Nice since mine is out :lmao:

Storm historic here? Not really. High impact and a bunch of sleet and snow and ice on the ground? Absolutely lol. Thank goodness for iPads and cell phones whew

Oh well- it went out 30-45 min ago. After checking front of house realized how much ice we got here, trees and limbs leaning and neighborhood dark lol

Of course it's a small price to pay for the last couple days wx in this area

Started snowing again and that extra weight might have pushed some trees over the edge. After seeing glacier on street hope it's not out too long. But fb has quite a few power outages being reported. The roads are a skating rink and impassible right now

While I'm not complaining one bit, I'd like to point out that I remember someone complaining, or at least saying what a bust of a storm, the other week *cough cough YOU cough cough* ;)

I had the right to do that lol. I stayed at 33 and rain all night. We kept expecting and expecting wintry precip and nothing happened but some rain mixed with sleet at 33. The WSW was extended 3 times and yeah..

When would y'all expect my area to change back to snow?

I don't think you or I will.  You may have a slim chance.  Continued IP looks like a good bet, though.  We can pick up some accumulations with that.

It's time to start putting our chips in the basket for tomorrow.  We might have a decent shot to win the lottery and score a few inches tomorrow.  High bust potential, of course......

I don't think you or I will.  You may have a slim chance.  Continued IP looks like a good bet, though.  We can pick up some accumulations with that.

It's time to start putting our chips in the basket for tomorrow.  We might have a decent shot to win the lottery and score a few inches tomorrow.  High bust potential, of course......

I was afraid of that. I saw on twitter that snow is starting to mix back in around Mooresville.

Just think if you were in my location with 30s and rain all day reading all the snow sleet and ZR post.

:rolleyes:  :lol:

Yeah... I'm only average to slightly below average while the southern mountains are below too. But yet east nc is above... if you lived around the NC are you'd be complaining too.

B/s you live in waycross whats your average? 1/10

Well Michelle and Shawn - y'all apparently kept your power sounds like. Nice since mine is out :lmao:

Storm historic here? Not really. High impact and a bunch of sleet and snow and ice on the ground? Absolutely lol. Thank goodness for iPads and cell phones whew

Oh well- it went out 30-45 min ago. After checking front of house realized how much ice we got here, trees and limbs leaning and neighborhood dark lol

Of course it's a small price to pay for the last couple days wx in this area

Started snowing again and that extra weight might have pushed some trees over the edge. After seeing glacier on street hope it's not out too long. But fb has quite a few power outages being reported. The roads are a skating rink and impassible right now

Power has been all day long without any interruptions here   :)    At least for now   :lol:   Everything is a solid block of ice now and trees are drooping. I can see my neighbors tree under the street light, and it looks very close to breaking :yikes:

I hope your power comes back on soon! :hug: 

Archived