SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never figured that out either. I mean I guess bread makes sense but milk?

And after folks saw wsb channel 2 this evening I'm sure they will be heading out, he actually showed some model graphics with 6 to 9 inches of snow over in the eastern part of their viewing area/northeast ga. To see that on an atlanta tv station was mind blowing. Seriously...they are always scared to show anything more than 1 or 2 inches. Surreal.

btw southeast crew. Remember when it was just a few of us? Now look at the stats for our last thread. :o

LOL.. I win!

I say that to my gf and she always shakes her head and calls me an idiot...but I swear you an smell it in the air.

You two aren't the only one, i've always smelt it. And it's especially strong with ice for some reason..it's like a smell of pine trees or something. People have never really believed me either.

Only the ones that like teams with a jerk for a coach who tries to intimidate the refs and teaches the players to flop, hand check, and set moving screens since the refs can't see them all and then he just yells and curses at them when they do.

I like when people blame duke for things that literally every team does.

Weird, because people at UNC used "everyone's doing it" as an excuse for the academic scandal.

I've never figured that out either. I mean I guess bread makes sense but milk?

And after folks saw wsb channel 2 this evening I'm sure they will be heading out, he actually showed some model graphics with 6 to 9 inches of snow over in the eastern part of their viewing area/northeast ga. To see that on an atlanta tv station was mind blowing. Seriously...they are always scared to show anything more than 1 or 2 inches. Surreal.

btw southeast crew. Remember when it was just a few of us? Now look at the stats for our last thread. :o

That's just crazy  :lol:   We have gone from not even having a se thread, to our own form and now we are bursting at the seams  :lol:

NCSU alum checking in.

That was a terrible game, not to say I expected to win in the dean dome though...We were just nervous and off as ever. I DO however have high hopes for when we play them at home, we'll be hungry. Feb 26th.

Yep, I feel like we will see a close game at home. 25% in the first half for a shooting percentage killed us! '07 grad here.

NCSU alum checking in.

That was a terrible game, not to say I expected to win in the dean dome though...We were just nervous and off as ever. I DO however have high hopes for when we play them at home, we'll be hungry. Feb 26th.

It was hard to watch. I cringed every time Barber put one of those long 2-pt jumpers up.

You two aren't the only one, i've always smelt it. And it's especially strong with ice for some reason..it's like a smell of pine trees or something. People have never really believed me either.

Maybe our heighted senses allow us to smell it...seriously, I'm not kidding. I was a bio sci student so I took plenty of "wacky" sciences courses.

It's like those frequencies of dog whistles that certain age groups can hear. I was thinking about this, and obviously animals are obvious they can "sense" a storm about to hit (migration, shelter, etc.) Wonder if humans can detect something like that but with less sensitivity. There are some strays close to where I live and a neighbor feeds them but with the last few snow storms they are GONE at least 24 hours up until events occur. Me and the neighbor were discussing that. It's interesting.

You were able to get work done? Haha I wish I were so lucky, when high impact events like this occur my productivity shuts down. I'm trying to get a paper about bears done before the 00z suite.

Shoot! Im trying to get 2 papers done, one on the story of Ruth from the old testament, and another on some william wordsworth poem...  :arrowhead:

NCSU alum checking in.

UNC is playing quite well right now, I don't expect NC ST to beat them at state, too much Warren and nobody else

3 top 25 recruits next year not enough for you!?!? Roy is one of the top recruiters in the country.

Ya UNC will be fine. They have had a lot of up and downs this year. Should be a great game against Duke and UNC. Also Brick Coach K is one of the best coaches in sports bud. No denying that. He constantly recruits top tier players year end and year out. Duke has the number one class next year and they have looked really good at of late.

I know it sounds dumb but the air has a distinct "smell" to me to it when a significant snow storm approaches.  Always had it since I was little.  

It's out there tonight.

Yeap, it does smell different.  The clouds and air are a different color, too.  Also probably sounds dumb, I know.  I can also see and smell differences when warm weather storms are going to be particularly intense (as in tornado intense).

Kroger was hopping when we got gas a few hours ago. We haven't actually stocked up yet, but we probably need to do that soon lol. 

I bought for the week already, but I am thinking of going out to get a bit extra in the morning, based purely on the ice risk that looks to be here.  We have not had lengthy power outages up here in many years, never more than an hour or two in the last decade, but my gut is whispering it might be different this week.

Only the ones that like teams with a jerk for a coach who tries to intimidate the refs and teaches the players to flop, hand check, and set moving screens since the refs can't see them all and then he just yells and curses at them when they do.

Send them back down here to SC again and let my Tigers take care of them! :)

UNC is playing quite well right now, I don't expect NC ST to beat them at state, too much Warren and nobody else

If Turner can go off like he did against Maryland we have a chance (23 pts, five 3-pointers). Our young players have a chance at all having a good game at the same time, we just haven't seen it happen this year...it seems TJ will have an off night which allows a freshman to go off...I'd like to see them all go off.

Oh, man, time are a'changing.  Lackmann was teaching that when I went there.  The forecasting contest was fun; I got a trophy for winning the class competition. :) I was a met major at NCSU for two years before I decided to transfer into economics (job prospects and because my GPA in my non-met classes was pretty mediocre... I went through Calc I-III, but Physics 208 kicked my butt.  I also realized that I had no desire to do TV weather and that's where a lot of the jobs are).

I will be graduating with a economics BS in May, though.  I'm probably going to grad school here, so I'll be in GSO for at least another couple years.

Wx Challenge? I've heard about it and I was planning on doing it, but none of our professors or anybody mentioned it, so I tried to sign up for it the deadline was up! I was miffed about that. 

At this point I've read about the competitive job market and would take any jobs in the field wit open arms. If I got a job in broadcast I might faint, that would be awesome. 

Archived