• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

That is ridiculous. 4 inches is on the low side, even with the ice. If they don't think it is going to turn to rain, then the only reason it would be that low is because of less precip, and there is nothing that has indicated that.

Let's put a pin in this and come back to it Thursday afternoon. I have a hunch that they're going to turn out more correct than verbatim model output.

Also, if the models keep coming in warmer, then it's all going to be a moot point.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's put a pin in this and come back to it Thursday afternoon. I have a hunch that they're going to turn out more correct than verbatim model output.

Also, if the models keep coming in warmer, then it's all going to be a moot point.

The GFS, it actually has more precip for RDU on Thursday night rather than tomorrow.   You can tell it's really struggling, none of the ensemble members looks like this, at least the 12z/18z.

Where is the warm nose? 850s look good for north Georgia.

I must be on another planet tonight. I looked at my usual sources and both showed soundings that were very warm aloft. Now i look at them and they are colder again. I don't understand it. They aren't great still but not the "oh sh*t" sounding I know I was looking at earlier. I'm tripping over wtf happened

damn I wish these worthless snow maps were right for once. It's just cruel to have it show this knowing full well there's no chance of it (well at least if you aren't in the far northern upstate/mountains of georgia)

GFS_3_2014021200_F36_SNOWIN_SURFACE.png

The nam is even more cruel teasing the ice storm hit areas with graphics like this.  Bastards.

NAM_221_2014021200_F36_SNOWIN_SURFACE.pn

It is going to suck to have a major/historic winter storm modeled for days, only to give it up within 12 hours of the event.

This is what I was initially worried about with the high scooting out ahead of the storm.

Don't want to get all Brick on you, but someone said earlier that the strengthening low would keep an in-situ cad locked in!?

Archived