• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

Still going with RDU crashing the party on getting a decent hit. These on the line storms are fun.

Side note: Man, CR, this board has really changed you since 'the guarantee' a few years back. Your posting style has gone all neggy. :cry:

Man, I'm just messing around....just ribbing Brick a little bit and sympathizing with PB. I don't want him all by himself on the other side. We're gonna get clobbered. :thumbsup:

Pack, you just need to go all in. It's time, man.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't get my posts to stick in the forecast discussion, so I guess I'll post it here.  Robert's making very strong statements about what the models aren't showing on facebook...

"The reason the snow pulled so far north into eastern NC is that the flow is beginning to back strongly now. The first wave is sort of being phased into the main wave in Texas.
The flow is beginning to back strongly now, seen on water vapor imagery and radar. Precipitation is going to rapidly cover the Southeast starting soon.
All systems go for an*** Historic Winter Storm *** in every sense of the word. This will be a rarely seen event for some parts of Alabama, Georgia the Carolinas region where so much snow and ice is abnormal. And I see signs the GFS and NAM and even Euro are going to be too light in some areas.
"

Thoughts?  I'm not sure this thing is any stronger than what the EURO shows, and it doesn't seem like the storm starts till tomorrow afternoon. 

Man, I'm just messing around....just ribbing Brick a little bit and sympathizing with PB. I don't want him all by himself on the other side. We're gonna get clobbered. :thumbsup:

Actually, I do want to say something else here. I was initially quite negative on this storm. I really didn't think this would end up being a big deal. I thought the high would slide off and the low would cut. I was categorically wrong on that. I'm sorry if I came of like a negative nelly and if I was being a goober about it.

The last storm, I was just playing around and using reverse psychology. It worked too! Each model run of the Rap/Sref got better and better and better until right before the event. :( So, I guess it didn't work after all.

Anyway, sorry about the bad attitude on this one from the beginning. And sincerely, even if I get all rain, I'll be legitimately happy for the folks that get a lot of snow and will certainly be pulling for all you guys and gals. Hopefully, one day the RDU snow shield will collapse again.

Actually, I do want to say something else here. I was initially quite negative on this storm. I really didn't think this would end up being a big deal. I thought the high would slide off and the low would cut. I was categorically wrong on that. I'm sorry if I came of like a negative nelly and if I was being a goober about it.

The last storm, I was just playing around and using reverse psychology. It worked too! Each model run of the Rap/Sref got better and better and better until right before the event. :( So, I guess it didn't work after all.

Anyway, sorry about the bad attitude on this one from the beginning. And sincerely, even if I get all rain, I'll be legitimately happy for the folks that get a lot of snow and will certainly be pulling for all you guys and gals. Hopefully, one day the RDU snow shield will collapse again.

All good dude. Way I see it is, our area has paid its dues for that storm you guaranteed, now it's time to get back in the game, starting tomorrow. :gun:

LOL, it's hard not be negative for our area, what's there to be positive about for RDU over the last few years?  It's not like everyone else has struggled too, as evidence by my thread.  It's really why I have stuck to the banter thread, don't want to mess up the good mojo in the storm thread.  I am negative about RDU, but I am positive on the storm, this is going to be a 1 in 10-20 type year storm, IMO and I have said this several times.  I think CLT will be over 6" and for CLT that's a great storm, for GSO and points west it will be 12"+, it's going to be remembered for a long time.  I think Burlington to GSO will be 3-5" with an inch of sleet.  For RDU I think with the more inland track by the Euro we warm more than people think, I think we get 1-2" of snow, some sleet/frzn, then we flip around midnight, so really not a big deal for us,  that's just my opinion, I very well could be wrong.  The storm 2 weeks ago I was getting killed saying the storm would bust for RDU and it did, we just missed out on a nice 3-5" event.  So my negative posts are for MBY, for people west of here it's going to be insane.  I feel for CAE over to central GA, the icing could be just one in a lifetime type bad.  Good luck to everyone.   Good luck folks, will be rooting for a deep, slow crawler.

Oh GSP, for MBY (Bessemer City)

:wub:

• Wednesday Snow. Patchy fog. High near 28. Northeast wind 11 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.
  • Wednesday Night Snow. Low around 26. North northeast wind 9 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

Oh GSP, for MBY (Bessemer City)

:wub:

• Wednesday Snow. Patchy fog. High near 28. Northeast wind 11 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.
  • Wednesday Night Snow. Low around 26. North northeast wind 9 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

Yeah same for me.  6-14 inches.  Best part is there's no mention of sleet, just snow.  That's a huge range, but if the least I get is 6 inches, I guess I'll take it.  I'm rooting for the 14 though.  Hoping Robert pulls something out of his hat with the whole back flow tripple lindy, half pike discussion...

Looks like NWS Raleigh may be having a few issues. This is the header on my point-click forecast.

Winter Storm Warning is in effect until further notice

Special Weather Statement in effect from December 31, 07:00 PM EST until December 31, 07:00 PM

ESTHazardous Weather Outlook

Archived