joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RAH doesn't have a problem, they just give us the ole once over.  Did you read the discussion?  They were like umm, I think it's going to snow in the Triad then went into 1000 words about the triangle and points south and east.

Have you considered that this may relate to the uncertainty facing the Triangle and points east? Snow is snow is snow. Soundings show that the triad is likely to remain all snow....maybe a tiny sleet mixing in for a brief period. Compare that to the rest of the CWA which is a much more difficult forecast. 

There is MASS panic already in my town. I have a friend that works at Lowes Foods and she said bread is lying off the shelves and it's packed in there whereas it's normally dead this time of day. My sister lives in Boiling Springs, SC and she said that traffic is backed up through 3 stop lights trying to get to Walmart. Apparently the parking lot is full.

I wouldn't go into one of those stores the next two days if they were giving out free diamonds.

I just sit in the parking lot and when someone comes out all loaded down I roll my window down and yell, "HOARDING IS ILLEGAL". This is usually followed by a response of, "FU".

Now I'm old, and that kind of language scares me. So,I pull out my rifle, STAND MY GROUND and shoot the SOB. After that it's a simple matter of loading what's in his basket into the back of my car, all for the price of a single round of ammunition. Three rounds if the dude's on Meth. You can see why I love winter weather.

Thanks, Pack. Does that line up with the 0Z ensemble mean?

Edit: That track looks fine to me. I'd love for it to be 100 miles east, selfishly, but if it's not, that track should keep us all frozen.

Also, the CMC is probably a tick west of the UK, just a hair.  So you have the GFS east, UK/CMC in the middle and Euro west.  There is a reason Euro is the best model on the planet, not sure why HPC is discounting it.  If they are right I would think the Euro corrects tonight some.

I wouldn't go into one of those stores the next two days if they were giving out free diamonds.

I just sit in the parking lot and when someone comes out all loaded down I roll my window down and yell, "HOARDING IS ILLEGAL". This is usually followed by a response of, "FU".

Now I'm old, and that kind of language scares me. So,I pull out my rifle, STAND MY GROUND and shoot the SOB. After that it's a simple matter of loading what's in his basket into the back of my car, all for the price of a single round of ammunition. Three rounds if the dude's on Meth. You can see why I love winter weather.

Must be easy pickin's over in your part of the world; around here the grandma would have a shotgun and be guarding the cart..

just can't help shake the feeling we are falling into the same trap.... models beefing up qpf each and every run once we get within 48 hours only to have it verify at about 1/2 of what was forecasted.

Agreed. Models are overdone. Stay with the conservative NWS offices. They are know what they are doing.

Track looks maybe just a tick west from 12z. It looks like the 850s are a little warmer farther east toward the Triangle with the deform band not making it in here as well as the 12z did.

Looks like surface temps are slightly colder and more east. This actually could be from the CAD just being stronger. **2m dew point temps stay at or below 30 from I-95 west.

Archived