joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Big One - Forecast & Discussion

Wow

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greg....Greg....when in all your years have they ever showed monster snows and sleets that verified?  I only remember the Blizzard :)  Sure they can predict minor events, but huge, big, honking 200 year storms take some percolation, fermentation, and mathification :)  I'm just very happy to  not be in the bullseye...like last time, when I had only an inch until the last hour, lol. 

Right now the Atl tv stations all say the ice and snow will circle me, but I'll only get vast amounts of liquid rain...and I'm happy with that :)  I do much better when I don't have much of a chance a day out :)  Tony

LOL Tony.  So, resorting listening to Burns, eh?  That's ok. Lookout will forgive you!

On a serious note, based on what I have seen modeled today, I am confident that you will see a mixture of everything down your way and hopefully most of it being sleet. BTW, two of the SREF 21z models ingested crack for RMG and is spitting out 10.99 inches of snow. I will drag my bare ass across the snow to Rome if that happens!

The SREF did pretty good for this area 2 weeks ago despite the SREF bashing tonight.

Fox 21 future cast and the new Met Ted somebody says he doesn't buy the high amounts in the upstate? I want Andy back!

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2014-02-09-21-06-30.png

That is an odd map.  It is very unlikely that the higher snow totals will be in the lower part of the Upstate.  I suspect that map treats all frozen precip as snow like the Euro snow maps do.

I only have to look at the 5h set up to know what's going to happen here.  That's the makings of a huge bomb. Sfc low placement still going to trip up mesoscale models like the NAM because of all the pockets of energy ejecting ahead of  it.

Archived