SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Potential storm February 12-13 2014

famartin

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't like this GFS/NAM combo of skipping SEPA with QPF maxes SW and NE, ECM don't fail us now

Could see the scenario where we have light to moderate for hours waiting for the good snows with big reports by baltimore, get 5" then lightens to a mist with dry slot and ccb forms too far north and east and back ends us with 1-2"-that is my nightmare 

When a NAM clown map doesn't show double digit snowfall within a 100 miles of PHL, it is definitely time to temper expectations. Just the same, given how often PHL has found a way to bullseye just about every time it snows this winter it is hard to accept that this one just might be a normal, run-of-the-mill, Philadelphia snowstorm with a few inch thump up front, some slop and rain in the middle, and a few flakes at the end.     

i think philly flips but I'm still thinking that models are overdoing the warming at the surface...i think the flip is to sleet or freezing rain, not plain rain.   to be fair, i think we have a pretty good chance of more than a few flakes at the end.

Put me down!, stood in an open farm field nearby with 50mph winds and whiteout blizzard conditions 11" snow

That was pretty incredible.  Looks to me like this will be a less windy and not quite as snowy version, but all models are showing it as at least a couple inches of snow, with potential for quite a bit more than that.

Archived